MONSTER PitQuad build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLay

Reaction score
Hey all, new too the site. Figured i'd id start off with a lil side build of mine.

Seen it buried deep in the shed at a wreckers. Managed to get it for $300. Had a elec start 125cc which had long past its life. I stripped down my MSO elite for a 140 Lifan and a few other parts.
The idea of this build is only as a show bike. The bike would break in half jumping off a curb. There is a reason its so wide too...

So far ive
-Custom paint almost everything (acrylic 'tropicana green')
-140Lifan w/oil cooler
-DNM Rear res. shock
-Re upholstered seat
-Cut up and trimmed frame down aswell as guards
-Dump pipe
-Monster Eng. shock boots

Future mods will be
-DNM front shocks
-Duel exhaust
-Low profile tyres
-Engine dress up kit + Bling
-Flamer kit
-Monster eng Custom graphics

Cheers DLay

Last edited:
by looking at the frame it wont break jumping off a curb.... unless it's thin as tissue paper the tube

i would start by getting GENUINE pro tapers
better rims tires etc
Also if possible maybe a larger rear sprocket for more power and smaller front sprocket
id also add a better engine but thats only my opinion...
something like a gpx 125 race engine gpx 160 Daytona t-rex so on and so on...

but it's your build your money so your choice

I'm not the best when it comes to quads but yeah all these ^^^^ will help in one way or another

Looking good mate, how about a few more pics?

Shouldnt brake too easy, but i wouldnt go jumping it.
I prob wouldnt do much other than maybe a bigger engine.

Rear sprockets on them things are funny so i dont think you can really change it, so just play with the front one..maybe just do some more cosmetic stuff like a set of bars to match your bar pad lol

how much you looking at spending?

a set of slicks would be killer and fun as on that thing (would also eliminate your worry of it snapping) and you could just powdercoat your rims

good luck with it mate and looking forward to see where you go with it.

wayne

EDIT: loving the banshee, had a few myself. What mods you done to it?

Mini-Quads are a riot! Project is off to a great start:) Not a Monster fan (a bit overdone, here) but love the colors. Chassis may need a bit of beefing but I'd bet it's fine.

Little fellow in pic is a GDFP-sponsored rider. His Xtreme Typhoon was the only 4-stroke in the Youth Modified class, and he went from in the way at the beginning of the season to being banned at the end. lol. Holeshots his class regularly, and against the Blaster/Raptor/300EX youth class of older kids too, when he's bored:) Got a little more than a 140 between the rails though... I'm building him a "little" 155cc big bore, short stroke close-ratio motor for this year, to meet the new rules. Seems the 195 was a bit more than the other parents wanted to run against. Glad it ran all year and the 215 back up didn't need to go in it.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

YouTube - FirePower.wmv

A couple more action shots:
YouTube - Ride1Rob's Channel

Cheers for th comments guy
The bars are still th stock alfoil bars. deff getting some real tapers when i hav some coin (i own 3 cars and a banshee).

The 140lifan is just a throw in, reallly just to see if it all lines up, which is did.
Iv rode it once :p scared th shoit outa me. Front shocks are just crap, when ever you turn in 2nd or above on th road it burys into th ground and wobbes.
Im chasing motard tyres for it, But its got a wierd tyre size (16x8.0-7). I may needa see bout gettin custom made hubs to fit gokart rims to it

The banshee's got $10,000 spent on :p i still get flattened by stock LTR450s when ever i race but :( sellin it for a new run out 09 LTR soon.
Bansh has: +2 Laegers aarms, +2 axle, custom paint, FMF gnarlys too Powercore IIs, Custom UNI pod filter, Coolhead, Vforce reeds, twin over size 38mm carbs, Custom low profile seat, Sheppard custom bansh nerfs 1/20 in th world, RHK bars, PM h/guards, bling kit. WORX shocks list goes on. Gettin tired but, needs a rebuild.

Ideally this is just a 'for kicks' side project. Going to be spending all me coin on a RX50 when i get it next month :) thats where the 140 will probs end up :p

:O i just watched th videos!!! I want one!! That thing hosed em! Madness. What make of pitquad is that? Iv only ever seen th Pitster Pro 150cc Pitquad (in good quailty pitquads i mean) not devil chinas like mine

Thanks:) Didn't wanna steal your thread, but hoped to inspire. Seems a success...lol

It started life as an Xtreme. He added good A-Arms and shocks. They were fighting keeping a pair of Lifan 150's running, doing so-so. I sent a YX160/195 and he's not had an engine-related issue. OK, it did trash some sprocket bolts;)

Latest posts

Back