more valve problems (sighs)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackbmx2010

Reaction score
hey guys, after setting my valve clearances perfectly yesterday from advice, i went for a test ride up my road today and after about 5 minutes my motor made a click noise and cut out. i pulled off the valve caps and the end of the arm that moves the valves had snapped : O and was sitting in the cap( the end with the nut and stuff that you adjust). i think because the motor revs pretty high and i bought the cheapest replacement head i could find cause of other problems and it wasnt up for the high revs. The question i've got is how to replace this arm as i've got a spare from the old head that are still good and i figure would be upgraded as theyre not broken. pics would be much appreciated as i dont know all the proper names for engine parts. thanks

the head has to come off the engine mate.
loosen the other rocker and slide the cam out..
you have to take off the alloy housing that bolts on just above the spark plug, then youll see 2 shafts that run thru the head, take them out and the rockers will basically fall out...

sweet, thanks guys. i knew it would be something simple to get them out. will go do that now and hopefully it works ok.

all good, thanks for the help. one more thing save making another thread. My rear shock wont compress more than 10mm. I weigh 90kg so i dont know if shocks even come that stiff so is that normal or is something wrong.

Latest posts

Back