Motard conversion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHINA-BIKE-YO!

Reaction score
Seriously thinking about a motard conversion
i have a 09 pit pro with a yx160
ill get some pictures up soon
what would it involve?
How much would it cost?

New 2.5 rear wheel
new 2.15 front wheel
bridgestone 12''/14'' mini motard tyres
gearing maby?
Irc/slinger/cdi.....
Need to replace my front brakes
maby hydro clutch
longer swing arm

what do you recon????

How much do you want to spend as you can spend a shit load on motard parts...but the minimum is:

2.15 Front rim
2.50 Rear rim
Axle sliders
Bar savers
12" tires (The most popular are Dunlup TT92 and Vee rubers) But you can get cheap CST tyres if your on a budget they are a very sticky tyre but they dont last as long as the better quality more expensive tires...
A decent front brake as i realized my stock brake just didn't cut it so I'm getting huge twin piston.
As far as a IRK oil slinger upgrade it depends on personal preference...The best thing to do is get your bike on to the track ride it and then get the feel for the engine on the track and youll then know what engine mods you will want...Making your set up a lot lighter will affect your torque as well, and a lot of people like a little more torque then what the IRK's put out for cornering etc so they get a ORK.

Where abouts are you located?

Links:

Alloy 12" Front Motard Rim, 2.15 Wide - DHZ Mini Moto

Alloy 12" Rear Motard Rim, 2.50 Wide - DHZ Mini Moto

Motoard Wheel Front/Rear Axle Slide Kit - DHZ Mini Moto

Cheers
Sam.

What Sam said + these :)

JR (ebay store in above link) was selling complete wheel sets with CST slicks for $235 but he's out of stock and in the process of moving warehouse right now...

You can always tap you axles and use skateboard wheels as sliders too... After seeing a set of the DHZ sliders bend on a fairly low speed crash I'd be more inclined to take that path.

What Sam said + these :)

JR (ebay store in above link) was selling complete wheel sets with CST slicks for $235 but he's out of stock and in the process of moving warehouse right now...

You can always tap you axles and use skateboard wheels as sliders too... After seeing a set of the DHZ sliders bend on a fairly low speed crash I'd be more inclined to take that path.

Was talking to someone from the track yesterday and they said they had some second hand sets of TT92's one track day old for 100 bucks.. might be worthing thinking about. I'll make an effort to get his details if i can and post them here. He has several sets by the sound of it .

Chers boyz i live in prospect adelaide......
Good point about the irk i think ill just worry bout getting the bike tuned and running right!! This carby is being a dog....
Ill suss out them skate board sliderz lol....
And hell yeah $100 buz a set ..get us that number bro!
Where are all youz from where do you ride???

I'm from cranbourne which is south east Melbourne, building my own bike will have:
dhz extended crf50 style frame
alloy swingarm
yx150 (klx style) hopefully getting ork, v2 head, s35 cam, high comp, ported, oko28mm-30mm
low rise bars
dnm mt bag rear shock
standard usd's hopefully getting dnm m200's
2.15 front 2.50 rear running vee ruber slicks
15t front 39t rear cnc sprocket with RK CHaon
and lots of blind :D

As far as front brake I might be able to help you out add my msn if you have it [email protected]

and I would be stealing those dunlop tt's I'm even thinking about getting a set for spares!

Nice bro hope your bike comes together sweet
sounds lyke alot of fun
deff think ill go for them tyres!!!!
Is there a racing class in adelaide????
Cheeers for the feed back boys!!!
Kaino!!

I hope so to ha ha.
Yeah if you can deffinatly get the tyres i know a lot of people that would jump at the chance of this!

Im not sure about motard in adelaide tyre google thats how i found out everything...

Good luck mate

Ill sus out the tyres !!!
Cheers heaps bud !!!
Appricate everyones help

Sweet ok got some pics up this is what i have to work with!!

Attachments

• MOTO BIKES 007.jpg
    MOTO BIKES 007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 17
  • MOTO BIKES 006.jpg
    MOTO BIKES 006.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 18
  • MOTO BIKES 010.jpg
    MOTO BIKES 010.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 15
  • MOTO BIKES 011.jpg
    MOTO BIKES 011.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
  • MOTO BIKES 016.jpg
    MOTO BIKES 016.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 13
  • MOTO BIKES 017.jpg
    MOTO BIKES 017.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
Looks like you have something decent to work with!
The magor thing you need in motard is adjustments on your bike to really get it tuned in your forks only have single adjustment but you can tune them will lighter weight oils...I have similar forks at the moment and so does my mate Jimbo, we are going to give me a good go at tuning with some better oil (Lighter weight) and we will let you know the results!
Good to see you have a YX so a bit of engine is always a great thing to have....

Latest posts

Back