Motard Jump ramps

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Thinking about making/buying getting someone to make some jump ramps to put onto the road surface to change up the track a bit.

something like this

001JUMPRAMP.JPG

or better still just straight one easier to make

001FLYOFF.JPG

anyone made one (remembering i fix computers not build shit!) how would you stop it from sliding on the road surface when you hit it etc etc??

thoughts??

[space to move add down]

Last edited:
could try it with rubber soles, legs and anything other with rubber underneath might help, have you spoke to barry about it? Where would you put it?... Would be pretty epic trying to ride it...

Hmmm, where would you put it? Anyways, thinks it requred drilling!

was thinking inside of the straight, and the small straight out of the last tight corner.
So you can either ride them or not.. just trying two think up ways of swiching it up. Dirt was an epic fail last week as the dirt on the tyres ended in low sides..

big 45* bitumen berms! :thumbup:

wee bit of rubber attached to each part on ground, how big you want them, strait one way eazy, curved bit harder

do a dirt section? is there room for that there? that be sick .

there is a dirt section... Too many people were lowsiding it from the dirt left on their tyres, so it's hard to use.

wet the dirt then get a tar roller, whatever there called and do that about 6 times should be nice hard packed dirt then not much will get on your tires for a few months

Thinking about making/buying getting someone to make some jump ramps to put onto the road surface to change up the track a bit.

something like this

001JUMPRAMP.JPG

or better still just straight one easier to make

001FLYOFF.JPG

anyone made one (remembering i fix computers not build shit!) how would you stop it from sliding on the road surface when you hit it etc etc??

thoughts??

[space to move add down]

Move to Newcastle and i'll help ya.....i'll even ride with ya

just go race at a skate park?

The idea of MINITARD is to get the image of minibikes improved not sterotyped even more.

wet the dirt then get a tar roller, whatever there called and do that about 6 times should be nice hard packed dirt then not much will get on your tires for a few months

Not so much the dirt, it's the cold track + race tyres (slicks in some cases) & dust on the tyre surface.

its motard not road racing if your bike cant handle the dirt to set it up differently other wise u mite as well be riding pocket bikes

its motard not road racing if your bike cant handle the dirt to set it up differently other wise u mite as well be riding pocket bikes

Idea is making it fun - not making it dangerous for all riders.

as for setup - my bike can ride thu hell *on it's back wheel* but how about all the kids with me that have zero budget and are just tyring to have fun?

Run a flat metal bar across the rear of the ramp and peg it into the ground on either side of the track... Non jumpers will have to ride over it but I can't see a 3-5mm strip being a big issue ;)

Rubber on the underside of the ramp supports too...

umm, i could lend a hand into making one, iv made a few curved bmx raps out of ply, but now steel would be so much easier and maybe use checker plate top? or skate board grip tape? to hold it in place, the BEST way would be to drill 2 holes about 10mm in diameter on the track (probly not an option..) and on the ramp weld/bolt an "L" bracket.
if not, some rubber from clark rubber will do as a base, make complete base and cover the whole bottom in some hard rubber mat.
heres a pic of like a rough drawing i did (lol, im tired, sore and using a laptop touch pad to draw... )
but of corse, the pic i drew needs holes in the track lol, , but a rubber mat idea will be pretty much just as good, but will need a little bit more of looking after
motardramp.jpg

have zero budget and are just tyring to have fun?

thats me:) lol, will have a rideable motard in about 4-5 weeks! now looking for job to support the upgrades to come, and a trailer, and a car, and a license.. haha

but anyways, do you mean put the ramp on the inside side of the track on that little bit of a strait near where you drive in? or have i got it confused with some where else?

Drill a hole chuck a decent size helicoil in there but counter sink the coil so u can remove the bolt rather then leaving a stud or bump or sumfin on the track when not in use. If ur gunna go for the heli coil buy a stainless 1 . I have seen a ms helicoil after 6 months in the ground

when not in use stick a rubber /plastic flush mount bung in the hole

with the rubber as a grip once your front wheel hits that ramp you got weight on it and it aint going any where .......the bolt will act as a fail safe!!!!

I ride bmx .. I was a motor body builder/trades asistant at a crash shop/bicycle mechanic that will be over safe but make sure you got a flush mount brace so the jump dont tip as u hit it!! Hope it helps ?????

if your gona do it build a little 2 foot high box jump they are reay easy and safe to make and you can make them to what ever distance as they will be a table top , still a nice dirt section would be way cooler nicer rythm section

Latest posts

Back