motor not starting.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
dose your bike have one of these
EG01%20inlet%20manifold%20gasket%20set%20pit%20bike%20spare%20part.jpg

some bikes have just one between the carby and the manifold
but some have 2 as above and one between the manifold and head

check them for cracks all sow check any o rings that they have
and the o ring on the back of the carby
the o rings can go hard and flat and not seal well

and make your self some new gaskets out of a bit of cardboard
i find cereal box works a treat in a pinch

I have checked the gasket between the carby and manifold. It looks O.K. The plastic has a couple of chips at the top but the o rings are where it really seals so I think this is O.K.

I haven't checked the gasket between the manifold and the head though. I will do this.

I made a gasket for the crank case yesterday out of a cereal packet. Seems to have worked a charm.

Thanks for your help.

Logic

Checked the other gasket. No problems there.

I sprayed syb into the air filter and it did start or a moment. Repeated this and it started again for a moment. I am almost certain it has to be fuel/air but cant for the life of me figure out how or why.

This one has got me stuffed. The amount of time I have wasted on this silly thing with no result.

Painful.

Logic

O.K.

I am dancing so it is hard to type.

I sat down and looked at the motor for a while. I tried to figure out what I hadn't done yet and why this little beast had tried to ruin my week.

I took the carby out again, checked everything and put it all back together again, this must have been about the fourth time. There was very little fuel in the bowl when I took it off. This led me to play with the inlet valve a bit but everything looked O.K. there as well.

I re-installed the carby and when I reconnected the fuel line I noticed only a trickle of fuel went into the carby. Nowhere near enough to fill the bowl. I disconnected the fuel line again and checked if it would flow into a jar, it did.

I sprayed a little bit of SYB into the fuel inlet and poked a skewer in. I repeated this process and reconnected the fuel line. Fuel poured through the line and the bike started first kick.

Back to dancing.

Logic

Latest posts

Back