MOTOR PRICES and other

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodytod

Reaction score
HI THERE GUYS..

im just looking at getting a new motor and was wondering on prices of the following....

125cc LIFAN motor
138cc LIFAN Motor
140cc LIFAN motor..
BBR exhaust ...

could i get some ball park figures of that i should be looking at paying then i kinda know what motor i will be looking at getting next...

thanks guys..

Goody

Brandnew prices
125cc LIFAN motor $275
138cc LIFAN Motor $275
140cc LIFAN motor.$360 with cooler
BBR exhaust $350 upwards

there are prob better exhausts than the bbr but from what i hear they are still good.

thanks pitmaster.. this is the last step i need to take to finish my custom bike build.. oh except sticker kit.. but my mate is making me a full custom one off one.. that will be done soon..

pitmaster where are those prices from ?

is there much difference from 138 - 140 in power ?

Well i hear that 138's are actually 127cc so i guess there would be more difference in power than what you would expect i'd reckon.

i rode my mates DHZ 140 and i also rode my brother 138 last night and i felt as if the 138 pulled harder.. as i heard the same as you stumbows i was shocked with the whole 138 power.. first and second just keep pulling.. that is why im interested to know about prices compared to power and so on

Power is in the head, valves, exhaust and cam. You can get 88kits from 5hp to 9hp , most 125 china motors claim 8.5hp, but my mate has the same genuine thumpstar and mine clearly had more hp, every motor runs different, all depends on the run in process and your compression aswell.

i rode my mates DHZ 140 and i also rode my brother 138 last night and i felt as if the 138 pulled harder.. as i heard the same as you stumbows i was shocked with the whole 138 power.. first and second just keep pulling.. that is why im interested to know about prices compared to power and so on

Long stroke motors pull better down low and in the mid range but drop off acceleration earlier as the revs go up . That's because the piston speed starts to catch up to the rate of combustion gas expansion so there's effectively less thrust on the piston at higher revs .... precisely why Honda went to a shorter stroke with the CRF150R ........ lower piston speed means there is a high rate of drive on the crank right up to 14,500 plus rpm ...... :)

thanks for all info guys.. i will look into this and get back to you.. im hoping to have a new motor in my bike this weekend... i will post pic of the process aswell.. for all to see.. so if everything goes right my custom build will be complete from when i start removing and replacing with newer stronger parts..

hey there guys just thought i would let u all know i got the lifan 138cc... my bro picked it up on friday and friday night we had it all mounted and together on the bike and then we had get all the wiring up (which was good bcoz my old motor was electric start and the 138 isnt.. so i got to clean up all the wiring and remove most of it) first attempt of wiring didnt go well.. so then we traced it from my bro custom built 138 and bang.. it was fired up and running.. then we went for a ride on saturday arvo and as most people from brisbane know saturday arvo there was quite a nice little rain / storm. and yes i got caught in it.. but the bike ran well.. so i was happy.. ran it all in over the weekend and now im going to follow pitmasters steps and get some mineral oil for next step of run in..

i will get all the pics up soon in a new thread.. i will put al pics up of my build

Latest posts

Back