Motorbike Camper Trailers

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They want 6k for the trailer (inc tent) Id be getting a platform made up in a std trailer then then the top-tent to match. reckon you'd save a good 3k.

They want 6k for the trailer (inc tent) Id be getting a platform made up in a std trailer then then the top-tent to match. reckon you'd save a good 3k.

^^^ yep! 3k will buy you some awesome gear!
Eg. Dual battery setup and solar panel with a battery management system for your truck! Means your fridge can run 24/7!

= cold beer 24/7 :)

yeah you will get a good trailer builder to make one for ya for less than those ebay ones

try trik trailers in packy i reckon they will do it

there's heaps of trailer builders around

Spoke to a mate that reckon's we can do all the work to the trailer including labor for a grand or so. I think it will be more like 1500.

You have to remember you need a massive bit of flat checker sheet the whole dimensions of the trailer to mount the tent on. That ain't cheap (Around 600-800 at trade).

It's one of those things I could see the costs go up as you went along. Would be still cheaper than buying a new one but a lot more hassle.

I still reckon this is the best setup of all:

http://www.ozroamer.com.au/3-in-1-motorcycle-camper-trailer/

Can't find any tents even that look like this. Want an enclosed part out the front as well.

You have to remember you need a massive bit of flat checker sheet the whole dimensions of the trailer to mount the tent on. That ain't cheap (Around 600-800 at trade).

I'd be looking a a metal mesh like this
images

It'll be lighter and cheaper + water wont get trapped between the bottom of the tent and the floor (which in turn will make it rot) then just a + section of a tubular brace. But thats me and i aint no sort of metal worker :)

^^I would be using marine ply. Way cheaper and is made for damp conditions. I understand the hassel side but would save alot of coin if you made your own. See how is goes.

^^I would be using marine ply. Way cheaper and is made for damp conditions. I understand the hassel side but would save alot of coin if you made your own. See how is goes.

That's a great idea mate.

Your going to be helping getting it together. ;)

Will be sweet for gregs trips. Stuff all setting up and can just ride. Will sleep 3 in the front as well.

Macca came over tonight and put me new jockey wheel on and scoped it out. Reckons we can do the metal work for only 500 and it will be removable. Block and tackle on the roof of the shed and can just pop it off when not required. Sweet idea.

Will start a build thread when we get underway in the new year.

Had a ball last weekend and want to do it once a month all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really keen on a build thread of this mate, can't wait to see how you guys attack it and what the final cost is.

I want a good quality camper so not going to skimp on the cost.

I have allowed 3 grand to turn my current trailer into a wicked camper. That will cover some new chekerplate front and side boxes for extra storage and an adapter to mount/dismount a BBQ on the side. My mate will do the metal work for next to nothing and got another mate that is going to organise the custom canvas work to bring it all together.

Will be starting the metal work in Jan once me mate has got moving into his new house finished. Can't wait. I have this picture in my head of where I want to get it to and I'm going to make it happen.

Yeah that's the best way to do it after researching prices. I know it's annoying building it but if you do it right the first time it will last a lifetime. And you can make it to suit your specific needs. I'll help you out no worries.

Love greigs creek. Sweet place of paradise

Just a quick point. If you leave your trailer outside, form ply will last year and years! Under cover it will last forever! It's not cheap but I imagine it would be less than checker plate, for the topper I mean.

Bloody good stuff! I know people who have had trailers made and use it for their bottoms!

Where did you get it from dude and how much?

That is the ultimate camper. Looks bloody massive!!!!!!!

blue water campers Blue Water Campers - Value for money and quality consider a Blue Water Camper - Blue Water Camper Trailers

it's the top line simpson cost me $$$$ bit over 8k with the mods for the bike and the stainless kitchen

it's a bloody good setup

and i know it wont fail on me they come as a kit into aus and they make the draw bar here any weld up the trailors here. It keeps the cost down while getting a good quality trailer still. china tent but who cares in 5 years if it ever fails i get a new one for $800 odd dollars.

Latest posts

Back