MotorBikeCity Confusion....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kangabee

Reaction score
I went to the store up here in Brisbane listed at Slacks Creek Arrived there and went to go and talk to the guys went to the reception and asked about pit bikes but the guy said
that they dont have pit bikes AT ALL which was really confusing to me because outside on the shop sign is a Motovert logo..

I really dont understand this but it kinda left me with a bad taste in regards to moterbike city i am not impressed with their setup the guy was kind of rude and unhelpfull I can only imagine what there service support is like o_O
I probably wont go for a motovert now

Probably just go PitsterPro and be done with it.....

they use to do pitbikes like last year and now there are new owners and its just scooters now

The motovert sign that's on that shop is from the old owner that has left and now the new guys just do scooters now but the old shop had a full set up dyno ect but just didn't get the business hope that help

Lol, the only real Motorbike city is left in Victoria, they shipped out long ago mate and only have a basic assortment of scooters and such lol

Only places you'll find pit bike shops in QLD is gold coast, sunshine coast and the one North of Brisbane, the names have slipt me lol

Carlton

Bugger, the boys down here are all good to deal with, what's the price u wanted to pay for the mojo vs the lxr?

Haha i wasnt aware that they had moved lol i wouldnt even buy a scooter from the new owners....

i was going to pay 2k for the motovert but i may aswell pay an extra 500 and get an lxr

thanks for the help guys where can i go up here to get an LXR?

All honesty mate, I don't think you can, just go from DHZ and with free shipping, your not really losing out :D

Haha i wasnt aware that they had moved lol i wouldnt even buy a scooter from the new owners....

i was going to pay 2k for the motovert but i may aswell pay an extra 500 and get an lxr

thanks for the help guys where can i go up here to get an LXR?

Just order and pay for it online, and doing everything through DHZ direct. I was trying to buy a new LXR when i was getting back into minis late last year, and got the run around a lot worse than you ran into today. Got some crazy stories too, from how other bikes were better, to a new LXR costing $800. DHZ support this site, and there are plenty of write ups on here on how good their service is !!

there is, the moto pit at helensvale or nerang i forgot :/ look it up on facebook or message him on here his name is hman,

Thanks alot yeah I think DHZ have a dealer in jimboomba which is about 45 min drive from where i am but ill give them a ring before i drive out there lol

excited about the prospect of my new bike!! :D :D how do you reckon delivery would take?

Be wary Kanga. As i said, i got the major run around when i was trying to buy an LXR. That mob at Jimboomba was the second store i rang, and his response after i asked about the LXR, "ah, dont buy one of those, they continue to break kickstart shafts, you gotta buy a 140" Obviously cos of what he had in stock. Dealing direct with DHZ is supposed to be very quick with freight.

Ok cool thanks for the heads up :) i will probably not buy from him anyway i just wanted to go down and have a look at the bike if they have one just so i can see it in the flesh and sit on it before i order one online :) from what i have heard its a great bike so if i like it when i see it then ill order one

If you wanna see one before you order one, there should be a few guys racing them this weekend down at Fort Lytton. You also get to check out the racing while you are down there, so if you aren't too busy on Sunday, stop past for a look.

Yeah thanks i think i might. today i rang the guys at Jimboomba and he told me 160's run high compression and they constantly crack casings so i should buy a 140 hahaha surprise surprise....lol

i went down there to have a look and he firstly said i shouldnt ride a 12/14 set up as he thought i was too tall im 6'3 but i dont think that is too tall to ridde minis anyway he is building lifan hybrid type ebay kinda bikes and selling them for dirt cheap.... they didnt seem to look like bad a quality but my gut feeling is telling me i shouldn't go near them haha

Oh well it seems there are no good pitty dealers in SE QLD anymore :( .....sigh.....

haha, that is funny. He is still running that story. And dont listen to him saying you cant ride minis. Alot of the ultra fast guys on minis were pretty tall. Yeah a shame about no dealers, but dont really need em man, get everything off the net, and there are plenty of guys around who are good at working on them.

goto the moto pit, there was a lxr in there with zochies and elka nd stuff for sale in there, that was a while ago idk if its still there

Yeah thanks i think i might. today i rang the guys at Jimboomba and he told me 160's run high compression and they constantly crack casings so i should buy a 140 hahaha surprise surprise....lol

i went down there to have a look and he firstly said i shouldnt ride a 12/14 set up as he thought i was too tall im 6'3 but i dont think that is too tall to ridde minis anyway he is building lifan hybrid type ebay kinda bikes and selling them for dirt cheap.... they didnt seem to look like bad a quality but my gut feeling is telling me i shouldn't go near them haha

Oh well it seems there are no good pitty dealers in SE QLD anymore :( .....sigh.....

hahahahahahaha!!! Mate i'm on a Atomik Nitous (CRF50 frame) and i stand 6'8" sure i'm not the fastest (or even one of the faster....)riders out there but I still manage to ride it fine, so personally i'd be telling him he's full of ****. Hell, i used to go out with mates to car parks and race around on pocket bikes.... So at 6'2" you'll be fine :) As for cracking the case i would reccomend putting the lightened stator in it and you should be sweet (stops it kicking back almost all together)

As for cracking the case i would reccomend putting the lightened stator in it and you should be sweet (stops it kicking back almost all together)

Either that or the taky decomp cam will reduce the kick back as well.

HMM... interesting. I too went to Motobikecity. I got the same reaction. I also ended up getting a LXR from "Evolution Moto" which WAS accross the road from motorbike city in moss street. 2 days after I picked my bike up , they closed their doors. [shrug]

So yes... it must be hard to minibike shops in QLD. But that doesn't excuse bad service and crappy opinions, like what you guys have mentioned.

Latest posts

Back