Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
Hey guy just wondering if anybody here has had experience with these things.....
s76.jpg

I felt this option was a bit too extreme for me...
motorcyclecarrier.jpg

I've been doing some reading and taking and stuff and have gotten mixed opinions, I have heard stories of the handlebars smashing the back window! And that they tend to wobble alot. Does anyon here actually use one, I have never seen one in person before.

Cheers fellas

i've not had any experience with them either.
but i think for a smaller bike (eg pitbike) they'd be good if you don't have a trailer etc

a trailer manufacturer at St Marys was making them, and selling them for $280 on gumtree a while ago.
they wouldn't be too hard to make

there's a couple on gumtree vic atm
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-adelaide/motorcycle+carrier/k0l3006878

I use one for my psto and it works great.

I had the handlebars hit my window once when unloading but this can be prevented by removing tie-downs on both sides evenly.

There is a bit of a wobble when driving but it can be reduced by making sure the load is even and tightened correctly.

All in all its a great bit of gear as I dont have the room for a trailer and I can easily rest this carrier against the wall to keep it out of the way

yeah the wobble is my greatest worry, was actually thinking of putting a xr600 on it, I have been thinking about it and the bars might actually clear the top of my commy wagon

You could reduce the wobble by shimming the hitch so that it fits snugly.

There are 4 bolts that can be tightened to stop the hitch moving up/down and rotating but there can still be some side to side movement

how much wider is the XR compared to the commodore ?

i have thought about it with my IT as well,
but i don't like the idea of having it it a foot wider each side of my Territory

Yeah I thought of that, but only about 45mins of my 6 hour drive will be in traffic and not too worried about it in the open roads. Until I pass a road train that is;)

Maybe when it is on I could somehow take the front wheel off and use the axle bolt to fix it to the carrier like they do with bicycles? This will shorten the wheelbase and might help stabilise it.

i think if you use one of those Fork savers/spacers, you could tie the front end down firm,
that wouldn't have a lot of movement then ?

fork-saver-01_LRG.jpg

I have one, use it on both my braaap and a yz450f without a single issue. I did put all new stainless bolts and heavier duty tie down points on it though, oh and led tail lights. It's very handy, goes on and off in less than a minute, then it just hang it up in the garage outta the way. Mines a motow, aluminium thing. Comes with a ramp too. Have to have a hayman Reece towbar though for mine. You can get the towball mounted ones.

I use one for the pit bike, seen the full size ones made of ally, work great. Just check your tow ball down force rating, should be at least 150kg for a full size bike.

i've not had any experience with them either.
but i think for a smaller bike (eg pitbike) they'd be good if you don't have a trailer etc

a trailer manufacturer at St Marys was making them, and selling them for $280 on gumtree a while ago.
they wouldn't be too hard to make

there's a couple on gumtree vic atm
motorcycle carrier in Adelaide Region, SA | Gumtree Australia Free Local Classifieds | Page 1

Hey was wondering if maybe you could remember who was making them?

Cheers mate

Last edited:
Yes motow, that's what I have, the coolest one I reckon.

Well think I might have to make a trip down to peter Stevens on Saturday morning, then. Was also thinking of modifying the end to accept a tow ball on the back, that way I can take the boat as well as a pitty.

New bike tie downs too, leds for the back.

hey phil do you have your no. plate mounted on yours aswell?

Latest posts

Back