Motorised Pushbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have done more k's on a 4stroke than anything, the reason the conrod snapped is because he held it on the highest rpm it can go.. if you go a little lower than that you get good speed and good power without it snapping

too true. hers is way too low geared. does forty and its redlining. when i had it i was doing 60, easy 70 on the down hills. thats the difference between a kit and a self made setup.

shame it died from some weird coke deposit in the combustion chamber. running bp ultimate, exclusively. grrrr. but the conrod was still good! not any more... :(

had a good year on it. 10thou+ on it. did some wacky rides. to the qld border. from sydney. and back. just for the fun of it. i do like the 4pokes and im still determined to design one for mass production and easy fitting/reliability.

i also like my two poppers :) just tried filing a piston to raise all the port timings.... see what 152EX and 126IN do for me... 138/106 standard! they cant breathe! set it up tomoza i guess. easier to mod a piston and see than mod a cylinder and fail...

theres plenty of room to raise the compression, make a nice squish band, etc. all adds up.

its sort of amusing to have one die, as long as you aint on the way to work. and when its a genuine kill, not just a POS motor... now its just recreation , so its all smiles :) :)

you need to run a jaguar cdi to stop them overheating also a billet head (cheap)
i know someone going up to 2,300 k's on one motor atm

Update on the mongoose build

New 203mm 2 piece rotor and 203mm calliper adapter.

Custom made self adjusting chain tensioner ... bike chain rolls so much smoother and quieter now its not funny!

Latest posts

Back