motormans 88 mod build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like another trip to Starglen is involved

4 speed will be ordered today.

Has anyone done a 4 speed conversion?

Not sure if I want to give it a crack myself or might just take it into buzz bikes to do.

This video is a how to assemble a 125, pretty much the same as the 50cc,
This is what's involved to assemble it, except you wont need to fit the crank etc

[video=youtube;xo0k6fUHTC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0k6fUHTC0[/video]

Yeah that's a bit too much for me I think. Gearbox is were I usually draw the line. Anything else I always give a crack.

Might just get someone to do it.

The reason I'm going 4 speed is man China motors have come a long way. A 125 china beats this thing and it's not slow by any means. That extra gear would make all the difference though.

And it's game on :)

unnamed.jpg

I have searched the site high and low for someone that has stuck a 4 speed in a 50 and can't find any. I like unchartered territory.

Massive thanks to Jaimie from Classic Honda. Always looks after Miniriders guys so get behind the sponsors that help keep the site running!!

This is going to be a beach killer when it's done. :)

Last edited:
Nah mate spoke to Greggo before. Not going to cost stuff all to put it in. Better than me stuffing around with it.

Hoping to get 120km an hour with the right gearing. :)

So after this beast's epic ride at Seaview I have decided to strip it back and give it the once over she deserves.

Stay tuned to this thread over the coming weeks.

Things on the list are:

• Powder coated frame and engine cleanup
  • 4 speed still hasn't gone in yet but it will happen soon

Anyone with any 50 parts yell out as keen to buy up.

Was even thinking about putting this back to limo. Question is can you run a 4 speed box in limo class? Guessing not. haha

Need to figure out this beasts true calling.

Last edited:
Sounds like be fun! build up again! fresh ready for next event :thumbup:

Yeah NO four speed boxs aloud in 88 limited class. as bottom end has to remain stock.

I really need to figure out what I want to do with it then.

Tough one. Might just be better off as a stocker but love the 88 power.

Will have to think about it.

It you went back to stock you would be able to get a head , cylinder & easily enough , there would be some laying around for sure
Theat way you wouldn't have to spend anymore cash as it's got everything , and stock class is a lot of fun

I can go TB or taky stock setup.

Think it might be easier to go limo though.

Seeing the stocker guys running behind theit bikes and jumping on was GOLD!!

Will figure it out.

Got new pegs, peg mounts and hopefully brake lever if chris will part with it (wink wink). Then powder coat frame and cleanup.

Will finally be done after 5 years!!

Latest posts

Back