motormans 88 mod build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beast is alive!!

Chain was out 2 tooth on the cam sprocket. Must have been lining up to the wrong TDC.

Fired straight up after that. Must say, this kit's adds a tonne more punch to the bike even with the stock exhaust restricting it. Very happy with the result.

Will get some decent final photo's up in the next couple of days.

Coming along well man. Definatly run a rim lock! Otherwise it will spin tubes like crazy.
Oh and Is this my old stocker by any chance? haha

Coming along well man. Definatly run a rim lock! Otherwise it will spin tubes like crazy.
Oh and Is this my old stocker by any chance? haha

Sure is mate. I think it has rim locks. Haven't had a chance to check.

Just needs a few more upgrades when I get some cash.

+2 Swinger and new shock high on the list

Sickk good to see my old bike again! haha. I Never put a rim lock on when i had it..
+2 swingarm would be a good choice, she'll be a wheelie machine with that 88 kit haha

Sickk good to see my old bike again! haha. I Never put a rim lock on when i had it..
+2 swingarm would be a good choice, she'll be a wheelie machine with that 88 kit haha

Yeah it has been looked after well mate. Just hadn't had a chance to get cracking on it in a while!!

It's already a wheelie machine now. Just floats on the change from 1st to 2nd. So awesome. Only thing holding it back now is the crappy stock exhaust choking the crap out of it.

It's a great little bike. Also gives me brownie points as the misses loves the thing!! haha. I just have to keep telling her it ain't getting pink plastics EVER!! :lol:

bout time for some more pics i think MM!

Yeah gotta get some decent pics for sure. Will pinch the misses camera and get some decent ones. Gotta wash it properly first!!

I can't highly reccommend enough just how awesome 50's are. So much fun to ride. Great for beginners (chuck it 2nd and away they go) but also awesome for us old hacks.

CRF50 with 88 for life, you can ride & drink a beer at the same time i'll have to get a vid of circles with beer hahaha

Nice build motor, get some more pics up :thumbup:

CRF50 with 88 for life, you can ride & drink a beer at the same time i'll have to get a vid of circles with beer hahaha

Now that sounds cool, get filming man

sounds as tho its coming together very nicely, yehh i was super impressed with my 88kit and its stock head with a cam love it. keep us updated.

sounds as tho its coming together very nicely, yehh i was super impressed with my 88kit and its stock head with a cam love it. keep us updated.

Yeah slowly but surely milfboy.

Man if you think stock head is good, mod is SO much better. The valves are like twice the size!!

Ok I have got an installed the following:

Taky Shock
One Industries Graphics
Sano Full Exhaust System

Just waiting for new black side plates and black front plate.

Will get some High Res pics then as well.

Next on list is:

Heavy Duty Pegmont & Pegs
+1 Rear brake pedal
Bash plate
4th Gear
Powder coat frame

Then I'm done!! Super stoked with how it is all coming together. Safe to say I have the bug bad now.

I take my time with these things. haha

Nah I will get some pics up as soon as I get the extra plastics so it's all complete.

Some new updated decent pics.

photo1mkf.jpg

Taky Shock Installed. Wicked shock.

photoiz.jpg

A quick vid of me firing it up. Breathes flames now!!

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/2499/3we.mp4

Latest posts

Back