motovert outlaw 140cc caught fire!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much did you pay for the FMF exhaust? ill buy it off you if your bike catches on fire again;)

lol zorst cost me $400 and good luck in tryin got get me to sell it. i spoke to bloke at moto shop he said to adjust the needle in the carby and the mixture might be to rich or something will pull it apart tomorrow. and y would i buy a new carby when it may not be stuffed motor brand new i havent had a chance to tune yet.

Get that Bike goin peter so we can go cruising :)
Ey where did u get ur zorst again, im really keen on one now :)

...but you stay with the crap china carb...lol..thats logical:cool:

because crap china carb does a good enough job and isnt in my list of mods but i got new motor and i wanted a new exaust so yeah i got one and it looks better than that bling bling looking thing.

Might also want to check any heat from that carb fire didn't stuff anything in the carby (anything made of plastic and rubber rings anyway).

I'd personally make it the bike shops problem, and get them to inspect for any possible unseen damage.

because crap china carb does a good enough job and isnt in my list of mods but i got new motor and i wanted a new exaust so yeah i got one and it looks better than that bling bling looking thing.

...aaah, it only has to look good !!:p ...what you mind then about fire out of the carb..lol!!:D

yeah both my mate and bike shop said it could be lean i have just got back from vic after 3 days being at the poker run and sand drags seen a couple pit bikes have a go at the sand drags was wishign mine was going to take there, they had v8 turbo trikes and v8 bikes and road bikes with paddle tires and crazy dirt bikes and stuff as well as live bands was a wicked weekend.

ild got with the valve still open when it is sparking so the timing is probs off. ..(Y)

but did it get resolved?! and if so.. how!? would be good to have some of the older threads completed and not left hanging like this one...

hi i got to have a half decent ride on with my new motovert outlaw 140cc motor and after a while the gears were stuffing up felt like they were jumping and couldnt select nutural very easy, and then i tried kicking it over for last time and i seen smoke coming from the motor and my air filter was on fire cannot see any damage from outside near carby. a friends dad said it may be the valve and it might be spitting fuel back into the carby. im not happy after spending $1000 for motor. any one have any ideas? im gona visit bike shop where i got it from see if they know anything. thanks

ok my guess is that the timing is off so your intake valve stays open so when it sparks it sets fire to the petrol in the carb aswell and then set fire to your air filter ... if has an magneto insted of a 'IRK' then adjust yout points so it will.. or if an inner rotor kit adjust the electrical pick up.. also you could ajust your valves you will easily find a vid on you tube telling you how to do so.. :D

its been over a year i have been to slack to take bike to the shop, plus no cash.
i pulled the bike out of parents shed other day and took it to my place and kicked it over only took about 3 kicks and it started still with same fuel from a year ago. i took it down the road and its still jumping and stutters as i go to use the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear i didnt go any further than that using less than half throttle, when its idling i can go full throttle seems ok only jumps while im riding it. still havent tuned it going to give it a go tomorrow. i have just flushed the oil too at the same time of swapping over my oil cooler to my flame red powder coated oil cooler i got with the motor.

Latest posts

Back