motovert pro 07 (alu chassis) and YX 150cc compatibility ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penumbra

Reaction score
hi All

Does anyone of you guys know if it's possible to put a YX engine in a motovert pro 07 chassis?

i'm talking about the alu '07 chassis version!

and if not i would like to change to a daytona t-rex 150cc ..would that be a better fit?

thanks in advance! all help is much appreciated

K.

YX 150's fit straight into frames that take GPX Jialings , YX140's , and Lifan 120/125/138/140/150's .....

The main issue will be the pipe but you can fit a KLX type pipe or there's a pipe adaptor kit you can buy ... I'm not too sure about the carb and manifold ... I've seen KLX bikes running the carb and manifold facing forward towards the front fender ..... Someone else would know if the carb will hit the alloy frame or not ......

..and you can´t put an T-rex150 inside because they are not on sale yet!:p

..and you can´t put an T-rex150 inside because they are not on sale yet!

they will be soon ;) i've one coming my way 25 th of june and that date is confirmed ;)

and the yx doesn't fit in my motovert frame (i know cos i tried it and the back fixation does't fit and the cradle mount fixation doesn't fit either.

offcourse i can make it fit but i want to conserve my frame for a engine with more hp... :)

...and the yx doesn't fit in my motovert frame (i know cos i tried it and the back fixation does't fit and the cradle mount fixation doesn't fit either.
QUOTE]
I would like to see a pic of that:cool: ......and the date for your engine will be altered:p ...or we won´t sell Pitpro´s here anymore:D ...they told us it can be september until we can look on them:mad:

a pic of what mountain ? i can try making some pics tomorrow...

do you think the daytona t-rex will fit in my frame? and if not, does a takegawa 138cc fits in?

every of the mentioned engine will fit...never heard that an yx won´t, but an Daytona or Honda for sure will go right in

well , this is the motor I have
RC150.jpg

and this is the frame :
IMAGE_179.jpg

and first of all the bolts of the frame that hold the engine are 8mm and the holes in the engine are 9mm so that's the first problem but i managed to solve that with some bushes.

then the 2nd problem is the back mount ( the mount that is attached to the swingarm , the mount not large enough to embrace the engine case and also cant turn to the right position because there is to much material on the engine case.

I'll try to make some pictures later this day to make it more clear.

anyway ..thanks for all help till now :) i appreciate ;)

I hope your fork wasn´t assembled when you tried it...??? The Fork has to go...otherwise you can´t get any engine in there...lol!

I hope your fork wasn´t assembled when you tried it...??? The Fork has to go...otherwise you can´t get any engine in there...lol!

yes it was dissambled but even then the excess material of the engine case was in the way to fixate it..

Been to my technician today and we've decided to change plans and to order a takegawa engine;. this wil fit straight in and with my plans for racing next year this wil be the best choice...

no doubt...but it will be costly...so good luck with your racing!!

I have a YX150 motor in my 07 pro it goes in well City motorbikes in melb did it with me just have to take a bit off the frame where the top engine bolt is to get the bolt to line up .My bike goes good with this motor i did this 9 month ago and its still going well.

yes You can make everything fit in .. but i didn't want to change my frame as the yx would be a temporary solution as it can't compete with the high powered takegawa's (in racing conditions i speak ...as maximum cc for racing here is 140cc )

Latest posts

Back