Motovert RX, engine swap (road reg'd)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently have a road registerable motovert rx with a lifan 150 engine in it.. I've been looking at putting a pitsterpro z160 engine in it because apparently they are the bees knees.. I know the engines are a straight swap with bolting in. I know that the exhaust may need to be altered to insert into the head properly, but what id like to know is will it be hard to get all the lights, indicators, controls etc working again? Do you just unplug one loom and plug in the other? Any input will be appreciated thanks!

there is lighting and battery support one on dhz.. is it worth the trouble upgrading to the 160? ive been told there is a heap of difference? and nothing lifan is awesome flog it all day all night with and without oil and goes forever ahha

Last edited:
if you want the bee's knee's then you need a daytona ;) i think the biggest selling point to the z160's is how much you can open them up with bbk and tb head etc.... if you werent looking at going down the bbk or v2 head then i probably wouldnt bother with the swap. especially if your lifan is still running strong..

yeah the YX160 stator fits, but you'll need to change the looms, and CDI too

if it is the HO that you want to put in, then you could swap the stator coils over off the Lifan 150, onto the Z160HO's backing plate
as long as you are currently running the standard Lifan150 Adjustable Outer Rotor kit

it isn't that hard to do, but they loctite the 2x screws in well, just use some good visegrips to break the loctite hold, then unscrew them

this seller on ebay has this stator replacement too,
same as the Lifan 150, but without the extra costs of the backing plate, loom, and cdi.
NEW Lifan Magneto Stator Plate FOR 150cc Engine Pitbike | eBay

i did the same swap onto my Z155HO

as far as i know its the original stator in it but to be safe your saying i could buy the new stator put it in the 160 then that saves me redoing the whole loom? i just have to connect the new CDI?

im buying the engine from here because they have them for a good price: Engine Spares

really?
i'm pretty sure they closed/stop selling pitbike stuff 2 years ago, it was a bike shop and sold pitbike stuff too.
i called in there 6 months ago and couldn't see any pitbike stuff there, just racing pedal bike now, just like 10 speed, road push bikes, fixed wheelers etc
i last bought pitbike parts off them a couple of years ago

Last edited:
nah i called them not that long ago and they still had everything? strange.. but what i said before was that correct? if i just bought that engine switched CDIs and put stator from my lifan into the z160 and changed my carby it would run all sweet?

I currently have a road registerable motovert rx with a lifan 150 engine in it.. I've been looking at putting a pitsterpro z160 engine in it because apparently they are the bees knees.. I know the engines are a straight swap with bolting in. I know that the exhaust may need to be altered to insert into the head properly, but what id like to know is will it be hard to get all the lights, indicators, controls etc working again? Do you just unplug one loom and plug in the other? Any input will be appreciated thanks!
I have a z155 in my rx50 road bike I used a lifan 140 stator with the big flywheel
u can get a stator with charge wires for the z ho/160 the same as the standard one that comes on the ho motor it has the extra white and yellow wires u just swap stators and match the wires I just cut and joined the wires just match the colours easy

I have one outor roator for the z/ho with the extra charge wires if u want it then just swap stators and match the 5 wires
yellow and white are the charge ones

Last edited:
Ill keep that in mind for when I buy the motor, where did you get that spare stator from ?

Ill keep that in mind for when I buy the motor, where did you get that spare stator from ?

Its brand new I got a bike and a heap of parts from psto shop in sydney when it closed down
its the same as the outer roator that comes stock on the z/ho 160 motor but it has the two extra yellow and white wires for chargeing

I have the z 155 motor with 64mm tb cylinder and a v2head keihin pe28 carby in my rx its heapz of fun on the road

Its brand new I got a bike and a heap of parts from psto shop in sydney when it closed down
its the same as the outer roator that comes stock on the z/ho 160 motor but it has the two extra yellow and white wires for chargeing

I have the z 155 motor with 64mm tb cylinder and a v2head keihin pe28 carby in my rx its heapz of fun on the road
I just need a new pipe now Im gana get a yoshi rs2 for it soon

Latest posts

Back