Motovert RX Speedo/Cluster

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly1300

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of the vert rx owners on here have a manual for their
digital instrument cluster.

Cant find one online anywhere. :(

Had the battery out whist i was fixing the busted cases on the 160 and now the computer has reset itself. Still kept the odo but reset clock/fuel gauge & wheel measurement thing/number

I know how to go thru all the menus etc, but i cant remember the exact number it was to have the speedo accurate.

It was 1250 or 1450 or something... Ive been out in traffic and cruised along with cars doing 60 ish whilst my speedo was showing 62 ish so im not far off the mark, but id like to get it dead accurate again.

Oh and cant remember how to set the fuel guage up either. :(

So if any fellow RX owner has a copy of their manual they can scan or point me to where one is available online or even just go out to their bike, hit the button on the back of the cluster and scroll thru the menus and tell me the 1250/1450 number thingy THEIR bike is set at that would be AWESOME. :) I can deal with no fuel guage, but an accurate speedo for onroad riding is a must.

Thanks in advance lads.

Cheers

Wtf my rx doesnt have a fuel gauge????? and ive had my battery disconnected before and it didnt reset the computer????

Wtf my rx doesnt have a fuel gauge????? and ive had my battery disconnected before and it didnt reset the computer????

pretty sure it does.

go out to your bike and hold the button on the back of the cluster down for like 5 seconds.

use the two front buttons to scroll thru the menus.
bout 3rd menu item in i betya it says fuel guage.... off
flick her back on and it shows up on the left hand side of the screen under normal conditions.

oh and whilst youre there, can you grab the number that comes up for your wheel calibration? not your total odometer reading, the 4 digit 1250 or 1450 ish number.

cheers

mad cool. Its 1350. The fuel gauge is dodgy it just flashes empty??? The bike wasnt running tho. Does it have to be running for it to read? how does the computer know how much fuel its got in it?

Hahaha thats pretty dodgey that you can reset the odometer

Also in the rx manual it says refer to page 113 for specifications and setups for the dash.... page 113 is the last page in the book and its a pic of the bike... mother fuckers. Searched the whole book but couldnt find anything for the dash.

^^^^

thanks heaps dude. VERY much appreciated mate. thankyou.

1350. so i was close. :) i knew it was something50.. mines at 1450 now. will go fix asap

and yeah, i think the fuel gauge works on kms. theres nothing in the tank for the computer to "read"
im pretty sure it works on some form of kilometre range like max130- min 5. and as it counts down the kms the fuel level drops on the screen?

mine just flashes empty too.running or not.
cant seem to get the computer to do anything else regarding the fuel gauge.... thats why im trying to find a manual for it but if it needs some form of float in the tank then F**k that. too hard, ill just unscrew the fuel cap and take a look like normal people do.
but if the feature is there it would be nice to have a fancy fuel gauge.... plus my 160 drinks fuel like no tomorrow.... and i get no real warning once main is empty.. bike pretty much just stalls.. handy in traffic and u gotta flick to reserve and be real gentle kicking the fragile YX over....

oh and ssssshhhhhh about the odo reset..... its funny how you only see "low Km" vert rx's for sale. lol

i just noticed you said you had a copy of the manual, is there one online? i didnt get any books or anything with mine as i bought it 2nd hand.

does the manual give u a brand name for the computer/cluster? i may be able to dig the the interwebz and find some info on it. cant find anything at the mo regarding Motovert RX really need a brand same for the cluster.... and nothing is printed/stamped on mine :(

i got mine new. There is no info in the book about the computer just says go to page 113 and 113 is a picture of the RX.

i cant find it in the manua on page 113 theres a fold out wireing diagram but thats it

i cant find it in the manual on page 113 theres a fold out wireing diagram but thats it

thanks guys. :)

i can handle no fuel gauge but im glad my speedo is back to where it should be.

if i find a link to a manual for the computer ill post it here and pm u guys.

cheers

Ive just bought myself a cheap second hand RX and was wondering if someone could tell me how to get the fuel gauge setup? Cheers

lol I couldn't resist.
the tank doesn't actually have the sensor to hook into the dash to tell how the fuel level is, if you want fuel gauge you'll need to find a sensor. hopefully an rx owner will have done this mod and will be able to give you more info

nope. ive given up on the fuel guage. cant find any info ANYWHERE on the bloody computer.

i presume this particular "dash" is fitted to some other bikes also, prolly one with a float level or sensor for the fuel guage.

too hard. i just reset my trip meter everytime i fill my RX. and go off the kms ive done... just like most of my ****box cars that never have a working fuel gauge. lol

Latest posts

Back