Motovert RX50 wiring

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttsy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have a motovert rx50 that i am trying to get going again. It was originally road registered with all the lights and the rest of it.

I have since taken it off the road and put some dirt tyres on its as this is a whole lot more fun then on the road.

Whilst i was riding it a while ago it just died all of a sudden as if the spark had just died. I thought it was just the battery and have since replaces the battery, coil, cdi, reg/rec and still no spark.

So today i decided to just rip all the lights off of it and go simple. It has a zongshen 140 motor in it. with no electric start.

Following the instructions of a post i found on here, i set about re-wiring it. However i still cant get any spark out of it.

Just wanting some vision on what it could possibly be thats going wrong....

Any help would be rad!

do you have a mulitmeter ?
can you test the ohms readings on the stator?

no i dont but i can get a hold of one. would the bike have to be running for this?? i am just wondering if it has something to do with the cdi maybe as i know the output of the stator is ac..... so was wondering if the cdi converts this. or is capable of handling this?

no it doesn't have to be running to test the stator.
the CDI's are usually AC powered, there is a uncommon/rare setup that uses a DC stator though.

Latest posts

Back