Moving to country SA, mid north

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guy's, as some may know I have been toying with moving interstate for a while now. Well its happening. We found a 70 acre property in s.a (my estranged family all live there, I grew up in foster care so dnt really no them to well) 10 mins from crystal brook. Just wondering if anyone knows much about the area etc. Really keen to meet some more MR members so if anyone in sa is keen to meet up in 3 months for a ride let me know :)

I think we have a couple of members up there Stu, Port Pirie is 30km's away
Crystal Brook is about 210km's from me

Yeah port pirie is where most of my family are. I wasnt overly keen on pirie due to the lead content lol. 210kms sounds like the perfect distance for a camping trip craig ;)

WHEEEEW CAMPING TRIP. Ill drive over haha

Always room in the little frontera mate.

So the move is almost upon me, and I am a little surprised I havnt had s.a. members hitting me up... do we have many s.a members here? If there is anyone out there keen to build something for miniriders in s.a let me know so we can organise something! In the future I want to see minibike racing in our state, but to get there we need a solid group of guys willing to have a real crack at re awakening the passion in our community. Im keen, what about YOU!?!?

Im in sa and unfortunately riding spots are a real rarity here. Ive got a few spots i go that arent really riding approved so yeah if some people want to find or set up a venue and organise some races ill show my support. Maybe the golden grove mx track will help out but thats a long way from crystal brook?

I can provide the venue, im moving to 70 acres of bushland! Im going to do my best in the future to get the support of a couple of mx clubs, but in order to prove to them we can make it work I want to build a track, host a couple of ride weekends (free camping) and then move into racing the track. After a couple of successful meets im sure we can convince atleast 2 mx tracks/clubs to jump in with us to make it a 3 or 4 round statewide series.

I am keen. What will the restrictions be. Ive recently got rid of my crf50 style dhz bike and now have a kx80? Does this mean im out of one class and into another??? Does it go on wheel size, cc's, 2 or 4 stroke???

Build it and they will come Stu.

That's a good way to start out!! Good thinking.

We will help in anyway.

I am keen. What will the restrictions be. Ive recently got rid of my crf50 style dhz bike and now have a kx80? Does this mean im out of one class and into another??? Does it go on wheel size, cc's, 2 or 4 stroke???

For starter's it's not a Horizontal Honda based engine, then there's the wheel's 14/12 maximum
So no racing against pitty's for you

Stu i'm in for helping you build it.
Keep your eye out for some old railway track or heavy steel to drag behind the car and start cutting a track
Need an old tractor to move a heap of dirt too.
Someone up there would have one i'm sure

Last edited:
For starter's it's not a Horizontal Honda based engine, then there's the wheel's 14/12 maximum
So no racing against pitty's for you

Stu i'm in for helping you build it.
Keep your eye out for some old railway track or heavy steel to drag behind the car and start cutting a track
Need an old tractor to move a heap of dirt too.
Someone up there would have one i'm sure
So now im a freakshow lol.
Outcast from participating purely on the way i look. Aah well. If it takes off maybe ill re-invest!

[video=youtube;z4ZxxHbJGbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY[/video]

Now you boys have me really excited!!!

Far out if we had a track in SA hhhhmmmm

I smell a nationals being hooked up!!! :)

This is good, some interest! Im hoping to hire a bobcat or small digger at some stage, but I will shovel dirt for weeks if I have to. On ride days I wouldnt mind the 2 stroke on track, you could ride with my eldest and his rm85, but racing has to be done under the same rules as any of the other events, ie sinister events/vcm etc. Definately super keen to make this happen guys!

10/10 will come and help you man. Fair trip but ah well shell be right.

Heck, yeah, build a track, sounds like ya need a good one there in SA... a few tips from Shearer and you'll be alright, LOL. Don't forget "The Wall Of Death" for freestyle MX riders, a monster wall that goes vertical so those riders can pull some funky airs off it. I'm still waitin' to see the Stuttgart-like berm at Shearer's track... maybe you can beat him to it with some SERIOUS DIGGING, LOL. Or get one of those giant Caterpillar dump trucks they use for mining purposes to haul dirt to your track site... you know, the ones with the tires as big as your house??? "Yeah, put it over there, and leave the truck in gear as ya dump the dirt." That'll save ya some time and a whole heap o' digging... how it's done by the pros, LOL. Well, gotta go get my film developed, gonna post some shots later of the little jaunt I took on my monkeybike yesterday, it was PRIMO up there on Otay Mountain (OH-tie), and I took some cool pics.

10/10 will come and help you man. Fair trip but ah well shell be right.
A little sad there has been as much interest from interstate members as s.a. members, but you know your welcome anytime bud.

Im thinking of posting on a few fb pages to try gather interest, and if I get races going make the entry costs more for non minirider members. Should bring some new members, I need your go ahead there though motorman.

Latest posts

Back