MSO 140 SX Carby issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
havent tried re jetting it, but i have moved the E clip down on the needle two slots which has made the motor and exhaust cooler (it was much to hot to start with). Overall the bike runs fairly well, its just the whole not getting it to idol which i cant seem to fix and thats really annoying me. I can get it to idol but it affects the bike too much when riding with the whole not engine not slowing down and stuff. Its also quite hard to start, takes up to 10 kicks when cold before the motor even makes a sign of trying to start. I would really like to get it soughted but if not i will just buy an oko carbie. Should i get the flat slide one or the circular one? which is better? I will prob be buying either a gpx or lifan 150cc in the next couple of months. On a positive note, the bike is the best handling ive ever had in a pitty and it is really comfortable to ride and seems to be of overall high quality. I need to however get in contact with mso, as the rebound in my shock hasnt worked since day one.

hey i got the same prob wit my 150 do u think i should put a 26mm on that

Sounds like the float level is too low .... that's why you have to have the slide lifted too high to get it to idle and also why you had to lower the "E" clip to lift the needle higher to richen it up .......

If the float was too high or the valve not shutting off .... the engine would start easily when cold and run great until it gets hot ..... then it would bog and splutter in the mid range and run flat up top ..... Fuel would also be running out of the overflow when you tilt the bike sideways .....

Try re setting the float level ... it was probably set too low from the factory ....

Latest posts

Back