MSO X6R Freestyle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just make it your self out of some thick alloy ,ask a crf owner like mini mulisha ,sixeven etc or post up a thread .The brace should just you near the head tube there

Thanks unit mx. i cant seem to find the footpeg brace by itself it always seems to come with the pegs. Where could i just get it by itself? And also what is the first thing i should put on the bike cause i will have to do it in steps as i dont have much money?

Thanks and look forward to taking my MSO over my new ramp that im getting

on OZ50 there are red baron peg mounts by themselves.

I have just added up most of the prices of everything an came up with a whopping $637. Is it worth spending this much to make it jump like 30ft or should i sell my bike and get something that is able to jump that distance "straight outa the crate"?

Thanks for the help

i would spend it i dont think there are many pitbikes that could do it with out a few mods.

Thanks 4 that daniel i think i will try to upgrade it ova time and as i get better i will put better mods on it. Jst wanderin wat should i put on first and what is the max distance i will be able to go safely and be able to do it for a long time?

Thankyou all for ur help

first of all i doesn't matter how long your jump is i've hit 25ft on my 10" wheel 110 not a problem but it was a fly over jump
no air time it was actually for big bikes they just towed it up close for me
started at about 10ft but slowly moved it back as i got some ball's up
but when i go out to the ramps in shep the 8ft ramp is set at about 18-20ft and we get plenty of air time but that's more from the distance not so much the pop it's good length for the vert for tricken and still easy on the landing
on a crf50 (most of my mates are stocky freaks) they hit it to haven't got the power to pop on it even they get good air off it
they've got a 5ft ramp with a bit more kick and step up about 12ft long
i've seen this jump flipped and you can trick the verts over it to it's nice and easy and a good landing.

so i reckon you find a jump at a distance you like and are comfortable with
and jam away

as for the mod's i reckon your suspension should be the first up grade well after hangers there kind of important

hope this help have fun

Last edited:
My pegs are starting to bend already so should i probly get them done first and just take it easy on the jumps until i have enough money for suspension? And also with the spoke kit is it for both wheels or just one cause i was thinkin that $102 is a bit expensive for spokes?

Thanks coolmodee and were u sayin that u dont neccesarilly have to go far to do good trick?

Thanks

i would spend it i dont think there are many pitbikes that could do it with out a few mods.

Motovert, Terra-moto, Thumpstar, Pitster Pro, any real bike could handle that stuff easy. Probably cheaper upgrading the MSO but a brand-name bike would still be a much much better machine.

Just make sure you give it some good suspension and then aslong as you don't bottom out you wont need much else.

Last edited:
i know that flarry but he thought $650 or somthing was a bit steep just to mod it but it would cost more to buy a motovert so upgrading it is cheaper for him.

Last edited:
spot on man i've seen dude's pullin heal clicker and stuff on jumps no longer than say 6ft but the up ramps lips are steep and throw you up in the air and float you at that waitless point for a while
heeps of fun

it's good to see my dribble helped

i personally think you could do a 25fter just with new pegs and a stiff back shock ,just start small and work your way up then you work out how far your bike can be pushed

My stock suspension bushes have worn out so should i just leave it and buy the $139 fastace one? And also i went down to my local minibike store (Pitboss Empire) and they said that it will cost me $50 for the bushes and i would have to get them to put it in. Is that how much they actually cost?

Thanks for the help though guys

dude they're one of those "genuine parts" so they can charge what eva they like which is not always what there worth
if they wan't to charge you that much you might as well save up and get a decent shock that has better stuff so this wont happen

unless you can get the bushes cheap then it might be worth while

red barron are very good ,check oz50's prices on the spokes
,if i had a rather slim price budget this is what i would go

Red barron 12" spoke kit from oz50 ,to lace them just take 1 spoke out of the wheel at a time replacing the stock spoke with a red barron spoke and nipple (repeat proces to you have the wheel fully spoked with red barron spokes)

2)REAR SHOCK: I would buy a top of the line fast ace shock of the bay as the price of a new redbarron spring alone is worth the price of this fastace unit
eBay Australia: Genuine FASTACE Rear Shock Model BS-66AR-280L Thumpstar (item 230145225638, end time 24-Jun-07 20:35:31 AEST)

3)Get the red barron foot peg mount and run some ebay billet pegs ,just search :foot pegs or footpegs consistantly and you should be able to hook some up for around $50 which is $70 cheaper than the redbarron ones

4)Front suspension: replace the oil with shell 20wt or thicker oil ,take out your springs take em to your nearest 50s shop or shop that sells good! brands ,no cheap ebay shit here and get some stiffer sx springs ,not 100% sure if the red barron ones will fit you may have to get the springs out of the factory fork

5)GET SOME DECENT BARS ,if you have not replaced these yet and you do freestyle your gonna eat shit bigtime so replace the stockers with some pro taper xr50 bend bars at $84.95

6)Depending on how granrly the top of the landing is on the jump you may wanna replace your bashplate to somethiung with a bit more strenght here, get the older style ones not the bbr type i would go a sano or five o one to same your engine

7)brace the frame ,its a must other wise your really pushin ya luck.

Hey again. I emailed MSO about the Fastace rear shock and Linda said it might not fit. Did u have one on your MSO? and also where did you get the prices for the spokes cause on OZ50 they cost $102?

Anyway thanks for the help :D

Hey, I have found that the BS-66AR-280L Fastace shock is too long and wont fit on my bike but was told by MSO to get Fastace BS-58RC-270L Shock as it is the same size as my stock shock. I was just wandering if this shock would be suitable for jumping about 25 ft on my MSO X6R?

Here is a link to the shock MSO Motocycles - Fastace BS-58RC-270L Shock

Thanks for the help

Hey suzuki master, the 58RC is a great shock and will be able to handle your jumping. For 270mm shocks the choices are fairly limited and the 58RC is a good choice. Let us know if you need any more help.

Cheers, Ken

Latest posts

Back