Muffler help please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip_1337

Reaction score
Hey guys I want to take off the protective shroud on my muffler and I found that the shroud is held on by nuts that were welded onto it so I jar wanted to ask what is the best way to remove these nuts welded onto my muffler thank you! Phillip

is it by chance the guard on the pipe? or the actual muffler? i tried to take them off the pipe. but gave up after 10 mins with a screw driver. i recon if a power screw driver or something doesnt work, get at it with an angle grinder? but be careful (this route is not reversible, and can make holes in the pipe)

I dunno, if you wanna save a couple ounces and have a burn on your shin, press a curling iron to your skin while taking a healthy BM.

I dunno, if you wanna save a couple ounces and have a burn on your shin, press a curling iron to your skin while taking a healthy BM.

Haha you need hair to use a curling iron Terry..lol

Just take it off if you dont want it there and leave the nuts. You will wreck the chrome finish if you start grinding or drilling. Alternatively you can buy a new exhaust, most aftermarket headers do not have the guards the cheapo's do.

Latest posts

Back