Muffler silencer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Mack on all points especially that China mufflers seem to be overly packed. I noticed having a fully packed silencer just doesnt dampen the sound too much as the exhaust just doesnt have room to go through the muffler canister. I reduced the packing - noticed some improvement in the overall engine powerband (but very slightly dropped top speed). Went on to the old trick of scrapping the original stuffing altogether for dishwashing steel wool and packed loosely. Result was a lower and quieter tone. I guess what I'm saying is you can play around till you get noise/tone/effect on power that you prefer.

will repacking or silencing throw out the tuning of youre bike or damage the valves or anything?

silencers

silencers dont affect engine performance if you want the cheap way put a socket in there youll be surprised

Do you guys out the steel wool in the tube in the middle on the exhaust or do you wrap it around that centre tube like the stock packing ?

Hey RD racing, do you have anymore of teh silencing cones ? Could u post up a pic please ?

My Thumper Is loud as crap, when im riding on the roads i just use a end of a ratchet socket bang it in the end of ya muffler works perfect.. but restricts some power:(

i just made my own baffles 1 in 3 out, no lose of power and a good solid note at a reasonable noise level

hahaha today i was absolutely revving the shit out of my110 lifan and the neighbors came over and said "shut that fucking thing up or i will with a crusher" then i laughed at him and went back to revving it tommorrow just before i take the engine apart im gonna take the entire exhaust off where it attaches at the motor and rev it besides when u rideat nite flames shoot out when it back fires

Latest posts

Back