MV24's Motovert 125 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good work hazza. sounded sweet as. how did you go about getting the exhaust to stay on? fix the mount or?

Last edited:
thats how mine is lol do you know any australian motovert dealers or spare parts places need a couple of things

thanks mate now to buy a new rear brake kit old one had snapped and bent in a wheelie contest witch ended bad lol

got some parts for it today, still trying to work out the damn clutch issue. desperate to ride this bike again!

can't deside to make it stock looking again or 12/10 with gpx125 in it still? A style swingarm still be a good a spare race bike if the lxr ****s itself some time at a race day?
pretty confident in the bike as a spare race bike just wondering if the A style swingarm setup would hold it back or not even with good supspention on say nunawading mx track (has pretty big kicky jumps), just i've got another 2 bikes to build just ones a pitpro and others a perimeter what i was planing on making 12/10.. thinking the this motovert would be strongest

Last edited:
Got the bike running thanks to reefy finding the clutch issue, if the clutch worked the gearbox wouldn't..
had a ride on it at parwan, had massive power loss but thinking thats because its been sitting for atleast 8 months but started first few kicks like uswell.
nothings working that great on it so might fix it up today abit more and ordered parts for it.
399428_3291795027739_197801243_n.jpg

fe185ee8.jpg

cleaned it up as much as i could for yarram as a spare bike for me as the lxr blew a decomp and im not if that was 100% the problem with bog and starting.
so taking this along and i might be able to test it out abit more there i hope.

got a rear shock to put in but its not a fanstasic shock or in good condition (brought it with my pitpro and other motovert)
1bdae7b9.jpg

going to replace plastics for sure and thinking 12/10 pitster pro rims and better brakes as these ones are 5 years old and almost no longer worth using it seems, rears dont work at all. damaged seal
think i might go a miniriders sticker kit on it to :)

sounds sweet. looks like it would make a good 10" bike. Def wanna see pics of that once you do the 10" conversion.

update: was racing on the sunday as most would know and had a crash that left me and hussey in hospital
had to race this as the lxr broke the timing chain gear bolts..
bike had a little damage
539433_3363180852340_214375825_n-1.jpg

417324_3363180532332_1890355927_n-1.jpg

418683_3363181452355_1021376745_n-1.jpg

the exhaust also snapped off again so need a subframe which i needed before anyway.
i have the original bar clamps here just need the bolts and brought some stuff on monday to start fixing it.
292463_3364276519731_1735815935_n.jpg

i can't remember it and broke my helmet :( , thought it would have broken more but its always been a pretty strong bike

Whoa!!! got pics of the helmet? A mate of mine came of his ZX10 a while back, multiple fractures and a brain bleed, when i finally took him home from hospital we were sitting down looking at his helmet which now had a big break through the back of it, and after removing the inner lining you could see where his head had compressed all the foam, very interesting to see (if your brain is as curious as mine....) And as i said before god thing your OK, if you do get any headaches in the next few days make sure you go back n see the doc :)

I think I'll need a new helmet as I hit the ground harddd. The foam is what saves you so it's probably imprinted but I'll double check. No point risking it.

i've had a headache since i left the doctor :S he said i would for awhile, i've had in on and off today so should be almost gone soon i hope.
i'll have another look at it, the whole bottom bit is cracked and the liner is ripped off, aswell as afew dints.
yeah corey its best to replace them after a big crash anyway, incase its like hairline fracture and does more damage next crash, better to be safe i guess. and heard you flew like 10 meters so might be worth replacing
defiantly going a fox v3 again i think

Latest posts

Back