My exhaust!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_08

Reaction score
hey guys,

MY exhaust has some thing inside of it which is lyk a plate with drilled wholes inside of it, Do i need it or can i just take it out:confused: ??????

some bike are better running without it and some run like shit without it so take it out and give it ago

you can take it out and you will have to take all the packing out to but it will make your bike a s*#t loads louder and you might loose some bottom end power but you might also get some more top end power its up to you me well i like mine packed for racing just so i stay under the DB limit and so the cops in the bush dont give me any trouble :cool:

thats the restricter, they are about 55% open, i replaced mine with 75% stretched mesh just roll till it fits and tack the ends

ok but theres one problem now that ive taken it out it has abosolutly no packing, and now its just pretty much some metal tubein with the gold end lol. :confused: so i shuld just leave it in.

thnx

Last edited:
all mufflers have packing man unless u got ripped it will look little fibre glass particals

your bike will sound a shit load louder. done it to a 650cc quad. to load man. but sounds awesome. love it. gave heaps more power too.

well pretty much its now a straight pipe through. the muffler was cut in half and the spark arrestor was removed. i think like the mesh (baffles i think) shit was removed and a thin layer was reapplied. the quad goes amazing now because of all these mods man. i dont know if it will make a difference to ur minibikes though. But i put a silencer like thing on my pitbike when i ride around in my driveway and it doesnt really affect the performance. ull have to test it urself.

hey again,

any1 know what that mesh or whatever it is in the exhaust pipe is and where i'd be able to get it. Because im going to "TRY" and pack my muffler....

lol thanx:)

isnt it a fibreglass composite?? back in the day steel wool was used as a baffle to.. might have been produced a bit better back then though..(i hold NO responsibility if you pack it with steel wool and cause firworks and sparks to shoot out your exhaust!)

this stuff would be sweet to use...

Superwool Product Information, Data Sheet and MSDS Links

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back