My first build 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick82

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here, my name is Mick and this is my first bike.

So after riding my wife's pitpro 140cc around lately I thought I'd get my own bike to play with so I got this little 125cc. I don't know a lot about them so any help will always be appreciated :)

Haven't done much yet, I am pretty happy with it at the moment but I'm looking forward to doing a few things to it soon, I'll post pics as it slowly gets there :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
it looks very clean !
did you buy it new ?
at least you shouldn't have too many issues with it if you look after it.

Nice!!! Pitpros are pretty decent! Geez the 140 looks like its a bit squeezed into that frame, I have a 125RR pitpro my build is in my sig below, they're nice simple bikes to work on :thumbup:

Thanks my67xr, yeah I got it new as I don't know a lot about them yet and I didn't want to buy a second hand one and try and fix someone's crap lol

Thanks stoozo but that pic is my 125, my wife has the 140 :) (can chuck a pic up of it if you guys want?) Cool I'll check yours out I'm pretty sure mine is the same as a pitpro 125rr

And it starts lol, Fitted an oil cooler with braided lines and adaptor plate today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 17
Just looking at your photo the chain looks rather tight! It will stretch but you can do all sorts of bad things to the gearbox if the chain is to tight!! I think you want at least 2 fingers worth of slack...something like that! 35-50mm is it my67xr? I forget the exact amount...need to do both my bikes I think the chains are both a bit loose..

pull the shock out, move the swinger up till its horizontal to the ground (the point were your chain would be at it tightest through its travel) and set it at that point. that way if you get some air and land hard and compress your shock to the point were your swinga is horizontal the chain tension cant increase to the point of tearing the gearbox in two through the front sprocket drive shaft. put your sock back in, then measure how high the chain can be lifted and remember the number, as thats what you set your chain slack to next time ;)

pull the shock out, move the swinger up till its horizontal to the ground (the point were your chain would be at it tightest through its travel) and set it at that point. that way if you get some air and land hard and compress your shock to the point were your swinga is horizontal the chain tension cant increase to the point of tearing the gearbox in two through the front sprocket drive shaft. put your sock back in, then measure how high the chain can be lifted and remember the number, as thats what you set your chain slack to next time ;)

Cheers, I'll do that!! Paranoid about screwing up gearboxes!!

Thanks guys, yeah that was when I first picked it up I did loosen it a bit as it was really tight and it has stretched more but I'll double check as I don't want to stuff the gearbox. Thanks for the tips it really does help as I am still new to bikes

Latest posts

Back