My Home-made Over The Top Style Brake Lever :d

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTMKID

Reaction score
Check it out...done it all by myself.. :cool: btw its sprayed black now.. pitty i could only test it by rolling down the driveway :(... bike needs fixing still...

100_1910.jpg

100_1909.jpg

works great...

Last edited:
thanks mate..looks ten times better sprayed black... :D

Looks phat, how did you configure the spring to work with it?

Has your muffler clamp broken yet?? How come mine allways break? :mad:

What are you welding, I recently welded my oil cooler back on.

Looks phat, how did you configure the spring to work with it?

Has your muffler clamp broken yet?? How come mine allways break? :mad:

What are you welding, I recently welded my oil cooler back on.

thanks boyz...

how did you configure the spring to work with it?

what i done was cut up my old lever and only kept the back part where everything needs to work... then i fabricated my new style one and welded it on...

Has your muffler clamp broken yet??

Nope:D

How come mine allways break?

You guess is as good as mine...lol

What are you welding?

My lever :p

Ah ok hahaha.

I was thinking because usually the spring presses the lever up as hard as it can and then the foot peg mount stops it, how did you get yours to spring back properly?

Hey man how strong is the weld? Wouldnt want to go off a jump and accidently land on the brake lever... Speaking of welding how did you go Flarry with welding the oil cooler bracket back on?

Hey man how strong is the weld? Wouldnt want to go off a jump and accidently land on the brake lever... Speaking of welding how did you go Flarry with welding the oil cooler bracket back on?

Oh perfectly, my dads friend is a boilermaker and we made a new bracket and he welded it on with his $2000 gassles mig welder, got new rubber bushes to replace the chinese ones, spray painted it black and its beutifull, the weld is a million times stronger and the bracket is alot better.

Looks great might get some pics, just finished reconnecting the cdi, the spark plug and putting on the seat etc today and took it for a ride.

Just need a new muffler now!!! ;) :p

$2000 seems like a lot to pay for a "gasless" mig. You can get a top notch trade quality actual MIG welder for $2000. Gasless jobs usually run out for less than $500 bucks.

Good work. I'm making an over the top lever myself this weekend.

$2000 seems like a lot to pay for a "gasless" mig. You can get a top notch trade quality actual MIG welder for $2000. Gasless jobs usually run out for less than $500 bucks.

Ah yeah maybe it wasnt gassless but I know it cost that much. But he had the top notch one.

looks the goods KTMkid! now if only u can make up 50 of them, and sell them for a little more than they cost... PJ can buy them off you, and sell them!! lol.. tis how it works tisnt it!?

But it does look the goods! nice one!

Flarry.. Its gotta have a big Fluxcapacitor to cost 5k!:D

cheers foolsp33d... haha pj probably would sell em again at double the price.. LOL

Latest posts

Back