My Invention

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney

Reaction score
Hey guys

Incase you didn't know, fuel tanks are really stupidly designed, they wrap around the tank. On the right hand side, there is no tap, and the fuel cant go OVER the frame, so it just sits there, it is basically a secret reserve tank.

If you run out of fuel, get of ya bike and lie it on the ground for a second on it's left side, and walla! more fuel.

Anyways, I want to make a fuel tank with another tap on the right.

What would be easier? Having 2 hoses that turn into one hose that runs into the carby, or to have 1 long one, and use 1 tap at a time, so when the left side has ran dry, the hose can reach over to the right hand sude tap AKA the secret reserve.

I don't think It will be hard to make, all I need is a tap.

Who likes my idea?

BMWs have been running the twin tap idea for years. Go that way

look at the back of ur tank the fuel rus thru there as it can freely cos it doesnt need to go over the bump
anyways i got a reserve on my bike

hahahaha.. why not weld up all the holes in the frame, and fill that with fuel? then all the 'dead weight' will be at the bottom of the cradle, giving you a lower center of gravity, better handeling, more fuel(while running a standard tank) hell, you could even fill the swing arm up with oil incase you check the temperature and its running hot-low- and be able to top things up...

sorry for taking the piss man, but if you are running out of fuel, stop threashing around, take a jerry can, work out where you are riding, how much fuel you will need.. thought does go into making and desiging a fuel tank.. its not just a big cup that holds liquid.. there are baffles, filters, all sorts of things..

hope it hasnt detered you.. give the 2nd tap a go.. hey it might just work out the way you want! but dont rely on it to get you home if you do run out ;)

yeh i dont think u really need to worry bout an extra tap... they run for eva on a tank of jucie and once you hit reserve you run for a good couple of hours should be right till u get back 2 the house for a fill up ;)

not bad idea tho =) lean her over =D

make a pair of paniers to fit a mower tin each side:D
I was guna do it for my old proX

my bike has a reserve, im not quite sure how it works, but eh! all i know is i run out of fule, switch it to reserve and hey presto it works again!

good idea tho, but must be a prety decent trial if u run out of fule

the tap has two diferent length pipes into the tank, the long one is primary the short reserve

could i fit a reserve on me bike if i don't currently have one.. if so is it easy

if you had 2 things that get fuel (forgot name idiot!!!) if you had both of them getting fuel through wouldn't you have too much fuel trying to get out , please feel free to correct me im no expert

the float in the carb controls the fuel going in, you cant over fuel by having 2 FUEL TAPS :D:p

Latest posts

Back