My lil scoot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor

Reaction score
Well I don't have pics atm but I've been stuck riding a scooter I picked up for free as here 50cc requires no tags. Basically a clerical error stating I haven't had insurance for a year and I just even got a statement saying I had insurance still as of today. Anyways its an e ton beamer II did not run and missing plastics ect. I did some Bondi work to the broken parts of plastics added blue leds ditched every governor kept the stock bore for now with New rings (minarelli 50 cc two stroke) put 1991 kx80 80 boyesen power reeds in it a 87.5 jet 19.5 pilot 6g variator rollers ditched the oil pump for now with the tank as it had failed I run 40:1 premix they claim 50:1 but I had issues with soft lock up ect and it's the same engine as a dirtbike so I said screw it worst is I have to clean some carbon. 93 octane with a tiny bit of jet fuel added literally. It sounds like the dang rm125 or my ds80 revving up takes off fast hits 30 in what feels like 2 seconds runs about 150-180 deg f as I have a temp gauge in the head I've been getting 40-45 straights by myself 35-40 uphill with my wife and shopping on back was 35-40 straights 30-35 uphill. Those reeds did wonders also copper coated the head ect not bad for a 1 1/4 inch wide piston motor

13df313d7691e279c7932752eff6fe6f.jpg
not bad for something someone found on the side of the road being thrown out
Mind you I fixed it up

That look's alright, good deal for what you paid for it, lol
Are there any part's from Summit on it beside's the sticker ?

Those are on my truck lol distributor and coil so far they are located not too far from here
They just sent billions of stickers with it all

Treatland have a heap of Minarelli part's if you want to 'tune' it, 70cc, 80cc and 90cc kit's, high comp head's, bigger manifold's and carby's, race pipe's etc etc
minarelli V1 moped parts

I'll keep in mind thank you. I've been using scooterpartsexpress which is fast and very low priced and also a few parts vendors along with my own parts I've held onto on my shelves I'm planning on decking this thing out putting plates on it next week heck lol 6 dollars in gas a week doing a lot of mileage even when my trucks back on the road I'm gonna use it

I checked out treatland.....and wow I'll stick to scooterpartsexpress lol holy crud I paid 38 for a top end rebuild. Bore kits aren't that much and they have a very large selection along with personally responding to every order. Nothing against your idea but I just can't afford those prices I've spent a lol over $35 earlier got clutch springs 7g rollers and torque spring. Another order was piston rings air filter and gasket kit for 25.

Ok, yeah i think i've been on that site before but i think it's been updated.
And they no longer ship internationally

Waiting on my variator weights but the 1500 rpm clutch springs and 1000 rpm torque spring came in it takes off like a rocket now

Nice, i think i need to try some of those spring in my sons' PW50.
I need to check the length to match some up, your spring's are 32mm aren't they ?

I'll measure em when I het back idk off hand but it all depends on your engines temperament load ect the clutch springs will delay engagement for a better take off info the powerband the torque swing or contra spring controls the shift point for more torque uphill power ect

Which spring u need the measure on? The clutch springs or the torque aka contra spring that helps hold the back pulley closed

On a offroad esp you want a set that engages on a higher rpm for better take off torque but not too high to already be shifting. Your spring sizes May differ from mine but be the same rpm its more about the tension being mine is a Yamaha motor basically it's about the same I'd guess its a reeded two stroker ported and such just with a cvt long case on mine

Well needless to say the one scoot out of many I ended up having a hard to find dc stator on it only two places sold it at $125-170 I just went ahead and ordered 125 feet of 22awg magnet wire and rewound it myself....not bad lol. I may try other stators as well in the future.
14abe016d40f764fa8f4b6bf24b2f73d.jpg
9ae8fece7c68b40defe5f0376263f31b.jpg

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back