My new bike..with pics!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think it's pointless buying a chain online unless you have a chain breaker.... (or grinder and pinpunch).... because you'll have to trundle off to a bike shop to get it shortened, and if you haven't purchased it from them they are likely to charge you... it will end up costing more in the long run..

If your old chain was an ok length before it stretched, just take that to your nearest bikeshop and ask for a DID (or your prefered brand/quality) with the same number of links... They should break/shorten it for free... and if you end up needing to remove a couple more links at a later date they'll proberly do it for free also...

HaHa i dont have n e power tools..and barely any normal ones! I got my sprocket and chain from elstars...the gap or whatever said 69.sumthin mm which is the same as the one i have now so it should b all good.

i dunno about postage...lol..I only sent a invoice or whtever to em and im waiting for a reply,if its too much ill just look hard all over ebay! ill tell you if the postage costs are desent when they get back to me. Also in my other post my chin guide is only a few mm away from my sprocket when my chain tensoner is done up...will this gap widen with a smaller sprocket?

are RK chains n e good?

gesus just buy a freakn mottie chain from an actual mottie shop..

gesus just buy a freakn mottie chain from an actual mottie shop..

my motorbike shop is a ripoff and i cant be arsed goin to adelaide..they wont charge me that much at the bike shop..might b free?

Its the only motorbike shop, including goolwa, pt elliot etc.
I took my chain to school today and took off to links in tech, just so its fits better temporarily until i get my new chain.

yes, and while your there replace the rear swing arm bolt with high tensile , [ dark steel ] this bolt you now have will wear and bend quickly.

Bikes all good now.I got a new chain, waiting on a new sprocket and i took the bottom out of the chain guide so the chain would pass through. Only one small thing wrong with it now and thats the rubber protector at the start of the swingarm, it has slipped off side ways and they chain has ripped the shit out of it...meh..as long as it doesnt hit the swing arm im happy.

you still running the chain tentiner at the bottem? by not running that you fuck your sprocket and chain.

Im putting the chain roller back on when im getting the new sprocket, i havnt been riding it so its ok.

Latest posts

Back