My new bike..with pics!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres the pics!

000_0492.jpg

000_0491.jpg

000_0490.jpg

000_0489.jpg

Im guessing that the tensioner is fully out..Does that mean i have to take out a few links in my chain? Or would it be better to buy a good quality chain (i dont want to spend much! lol) ?

Do you mean the little roller? And also my chain isnt applying any pressure to it because its so loose.

Just head to your local bike shop... a standard 120 link DID 420 chain is around $30... if you don't have a chain breaker you'll have to get them to shorten it to the right length...

That chain on eBay is a cam chain not a final drive chain

i had the same problem when mine arrived, i just loosened the roller and bent it a bit and then tightened it back into the right place. its just a lot of fiddling around.

cheers ill go there tomorrow! I took the roller off and now look!!!..I think ill be investing in a new chain! lol!
Ill try bending the roller down a bit and then put it back on when i get the new chain.

000_0494.jpg

Ive taken the chain off and tighten up the tensioners. Now it looks lke if i put a new chain on it would get caught on the chain guide and the sprocket..the gap is only tiny. Is the chain tensioner up too far or is the guide adjustable?

000_0497.jpg

000_0495.jpg

NO, the chain guide is way to high as when the chain is fitted there wont be any clearance atall , this will cause excessive wear on the guide.

So it will get a bigger gap if i put a 37tooth sprocket on..and i could also let the tensioners out a little. And if that dont work ill just take the guide off...or is that bad?

N e one hav n e idea..only reason im inpatient is that im going for a big ride next weekend and i need the new chain by then!
cheeres :)

Latest posts

Back