My new "broken" bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topguntravis

Reaction score
I just bought a CR125R off a guy and took it out for a 1st ride only to discover that it needs a new big end bearing and maybe top end rebuild. ganna cost me like $500. The bastard told me it had just had a top end rebuild done too. :mad:
Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

did u buy it off "just some guy" or from a shop? when i bort my bike off "just some guy" i got a reciept off him just saying i payed him and the bike is working so he couldnt say i stole it or i knew it was broken or anything like that.

Thats why you always should get all receipts for the work thats been done to it and check the receipts are legitimate. If they say they did it themselves then they should at least have the receipts for parts.

If you can, do the top end rebuild yourself and save $$$, if you do it yourself it won't cost too much.
The guy i bought my yz80 off said that it has a top end rebuilt and he'd rebuilt the gears but he was just some dodgey teenager that didn't look like he was capable of rebuilding an engine..the bike still went well though, and still does.
Obviously, people bullshit about their bikes to sell it quicker, you should have asked for a receipt, and if he did it himself he should have the box that the piston rings and stuff came in or receipt, or even just print off a bank statement showing that he's recently bought it from a motorbike shop...

thats heaps unlucky man, my mate had same problem spent bout two grand extra on fixin his bike top end rebuidls n stuff like that and it still stuffs up jsut gotta hope you dont have a dodgy seller.

The guy i bought my yz80 off said that it has a top end rebuilt and he'd rebuilt the gears but he was just some dodgey teenager that didn't look like he was capable of rebuilding an engine..the bike still went well though, and still does..

Hahaha is that what someone would say about you too? :p

I have a reciept that he signed to say that I paid him for it n shit.
And he advertised it as a 2005 model but its actually a late 2004.
FUCKEN BULLSHIT...im pissed off :mad:

Sorry to hear that mate i feel sorry for you if its top and bottom, your look at 800-1000
$500-600 going price for bottom and around $350-450 for a top end

hopefully nothing else is wrong and the power vales are all sweet and are not worn or the cylinder isn't scored because to re-plate the cylinder it aint cheap.

Last edited:
I just bought a CR125R off a guy and took it out for a 1st ride only to discover that it needs a new big end bearing and maybe top end rebuild. ganna cost me like $500. The bastard told me it had just had a top end rebuild done too. :mad:
Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

yeah my dad brought me an xr200r for chrissy (about 2-3 weeks before hand) of some guy and so far i've pulled the engine out twice for new bearings and rings (keep in mind the its not the xr engine its a 250 2 stroke :confused: ) and i snaped the clutch cable a couple of days ago:( and got no receits or anything.

Took it to bike shop and find out that its not the bearing but the piston had fucked up and was scored so i need a new piston and pretty much a top end rebuild which is what the guy i bought it from told me it had just had done. plus i need new fork seals and the pipe blown out...ganna cost me about $800...which i dont have XD
i have a spare clutch cable if u wanna buy it bulldog93?

If you know a bit about bikes and you don't want to pay $800, do the top end rebuild yourself. Top end is easy as to do. No case splitting etc required. Shop around for the parts too.

Or if you can't be bothered, I would be intrested in buying it.

Latest posts

Back