My Road Bike Project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that would be nice except they don't make road bike bars... well as far as i know because the guy at the shop didn't mention them and i know they are a reseller for protaper.

this is going to be a good project i will be looking forward to seeing it painted with the lime green i ride a cbr 600 rr because i ride it to work everyday it has almost become a chore and i dont enjoy it as much any more but i love to get out on my pittbike on the weekends in the bush its a good change anyways good luck with the project :)

Man talk about slow i ordered my bars over a week ago and they still haven't come yet so it looks like at this stage i won't be getting the updates for the bars until this weekend.

Ok so i finally got the bars Wednesday and then got some time to actually do them last night and well here's a story for ya.

So everything is running pretty smoothly with only minor hiccups and well the last thing to come off the old bars what the throttle and tell ya what it was like super glued on.

It was stuck on the hard i had to cut the grip off with a Stanly knife and i split the throttle sleeve.

So this morning i am about to go down the bike shop to get a new so i can go to work an hour late haha.

Oh god more dilemma i went to my local and they aren't a Kawasaki dealer so i had to drive another 25mins to the next shop in the city and they didn't have an original but a universal and it looked almost identical so i bought it and took it home.

So when i get there i put the new sleeve on and the cable hook (dunno what the technical name is) is like extra 4 mm higher and knocks on the casing so you can't turn it on the handle bar.

so i either have to shave some off which may not be an option because too much needs to come off to work and i missed a full day off work.

PAIN IN THE ARSE.

Alright so i had to get the bench grinder out and shave a massive amount out of the sleeve where the cable wraps around so there's a smaller diameter. We even had to take some out of the casing for it to clear properly so after an hour mucking around with that alone the thing finally moved.

So the bars are on now and it feels SOOOO much better it has a much sportier stronger feel to it.

Well i had some plans to get my new mirrors and exhaust soon but instead i was in the local shop today when i saw this road bike helmet and well lets just say i couldn't help myself and the funds for the project have been somewhat depleted until next payday haha.

I love nakeds and think you bike is sweet, I have a few ideas for ya, get the exhaust made as a high rise, it would look sic tucked up near the seat.
If you are going to get a bikini fairing I would paint it the same green as the rest of the bike. Even though they are small they will help on longer trips, especially with the different bars, they help on cold nights a bit as well.
As well as the LED lights, get clear lens indicators.
Have you thought about an undertail for it? They look trick.
I also think a rear seat cowl would clean up the whole package.
But these are just suggestions, I hope to see it finished..

Last edited:
Yea i've got plenty of plans for her but i don't know how much will get finished before jan because that's when i am going to buy a ZRX1200R.

I'll be putting this beast up here and where ever else for $4500 but minimum $4000.

Latest posts

Back