my sons 125 atomik rebuild first pics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1961

Reaction score
hi all here is the first pic of the the start of the rebuild,first we had to strengthen the frame around the swing arm mount as the weld let go n the previous owner kept rideing it n started to flog out and one of the top eng mounts had cracked so we ground it out slightyl n welded it as well ,we than repainted the frame n swingarm foot pegs n mount n stand in silver and clear coated it we replaced the needle roller bearings as they were rusted up and replaced the head stock bearings, we got a brand new unused damaged wireing harness from a shop in melbourne the wires that run to the swich on the frnt brake lever had been crushed n 1 wire broken which is now repaired n carnt pick it,it came with the cdi unit rectifyer and starter solinoid and new ignition swich with 2 keys for $25 inc reg post allso got a brand new gold 420 chain and brand new orange plastics for for $20 inc postage from the same place, my son wants a rockstar sticker kit for it to mach his rockstar helmet we resprayed the motor gloss black heat proof engine enemal and changed the rim colour from black to gold and clear coated them as well here is the first pic's more to follow as it go's back to geatherIMG_0914[1].JPGIMG_0915[1].JPGIMG_0917[1].JPG

it's looking pretty good now, it's very glossy, well done!
+ reps

is that chain a KMC ?, just watch out if it is, they stretch pretty quick.

Awesome. Looks like my new build. What paint do you use to paint it ? It looks really good from what I can see. One thing on these pit bikes is the paint never holds up. I think the paint is ok but maybe the service prep or undercoating isn't that great and thats why it always fails. I always repaint my bikes :) Keen to see more mate.

Keep us updated :)

Latest posts

Back