My Ultimate Mini.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apples and Oranges Sixeven. Give me the cash you spent on that engine and I bet Ill build a Better one.

Get your own cash and figure it out. I did it my way, and I'm ready for your china challenge. There is no way you could build a better one. Its the best money can buy so all you could do is COPY it, but then again thats what china is not so good at.

japan are the only ones any good at COPYING stuff

for that cash give me a KTM 85SX :)

if i could only have one bike then maybe id spend 5k+ on a jap pitbike, but till then ill just own 3 instead

Actually not going with those size valves now. Ive been told the 24/38mm Valves (Like on the SGR Head) will be better with the 170cc displacement.

Your Thoughts RK?

As I know your a bit of a Guru yourself

i think if your looking to have the baddest china mill in AU. you might want to find a different head. don't get lied to about that staggs head, the valves and seats are junk...... the port work is a joke as well. NO china vendor has shown proof of any real hp at all. the only dyno was done by cat5 and tbolt and WAS A FLAT OUT LIE.. when they were called on it, they took the 19ftlbs off but keep the 15.4hp... you will never see a video of their motors running, just talk.....

yeah i would like to say pitpro but i like anything wit 2 wheels =expecially meh x-7

this is the ultimate mini,
KLX 110 with the following done to motor,
190cc kit with 30/28 valve combo,
4 speed trans
CHP gear shaft
CHP cable clutch
takegawa primary drive gear(full manual)
CHP star wheel
high rev cdi
29mm Keihin carb

The rest of bike.
REEG rear swinga set up
Marzocchis up front
BBR rear hub and disc brake
H-bomb 32mm stainless pipe
pegs and mounts for strength.

22hp guaranteed.at least.

Lets see a china get near that.

wow what happened to them being big heavy tiwanese sh#t boxes that always break?

They are but still better than china hey!
Where you been hiding matt. We missed you around here. All these china dudes talking crap about their junk being better than Japan(or taiwan)

Get Back on topic Dude. No matter your preference China or Jap. This isn't the Thread for it. I would prefer for this to stay to the point and RKFinch and Mack were actually posting relevant posts.

They are but still better than china hey!
Where you been hiding matt. We missed you around here. All these china dudes talking crap about their junk being better than Japan(or taiwan)

yeah not really my scene fighting about china vs jap. its safer to law low and have a laugh now and then.

sorry back to the topic.

i have my ultamate mini. klx with all the fruit..until i can hold onto it im happy.

i have heard a rumor that KTM is actually a brand that originated from over in Europe somewhere, germany if i am not mistaken?

anyway back on topic, sounds like its going to be sweet scott, looking forward to some more info in this thread, rkfinch knows his gear, if he says get a different head, get a different head haha. let us know what you decide in the end mate.

Eagerly awaiting a reply (from scott) ,
Tony.

hahaha, yeah i heard in the early days of sale and development, germany (the owner of KTM anyway) sold it out to an australian firm, apparently the name of its origin is in its name somewhere??? but anyway, thats done that... haha. still looking for scotts reply.

Cheers, Tony.

I'm pretty sure it was europe then austria but i could be wrong...

Well i think suzuki is the way to go. na they have there ups and downs but as much as i would like a 5k honda a 1k pit pro would do the job for me

ok guys, KTM has always been from a little town called Mattighofn in Austria. KTM stands for the 2 founders of the company and the location. Kronrief, Trunkenpolz, Mattighofn. They always made motorcycles and also make bicycles, radiators and some automotive parts. They went broke in the early 90's but wer invested in by some bank or the government or someone. The people of the town I think were buying it back from the bank and the factory is the largest employer of towns people in the area. They go to Germany to test ride dirtbikes because they are basically illegal in Austria. I have been to the factory and it is an amazing place. They have a big glass cabinet about 300 metres long out the front with a large range of bikes from years gone by.
Hope you guys like the information. Now get back to mini talk.

nice piece of info there mate, cheers for clearing that up :D

Cheers, Tony.

What ever happened to this build?? and what ever happend to Scott??

im sure if he had the same interests today he would take a totally different path on the project ;)

sorry about bumping up a old thread :) but i like reading the old stuff.

hahah these were the days,

stupid scott & his ulitmate china, he is proberly sitting in the crappy sandy part of perth (the northern suburbs) trying to make a new website so he can think he is cool again!!! lol

guy don't even know what a mini is proberly made this all up to sound cool,

he told me he had a '88 RM80 way back before is was mod n shit

Last edited:
lol tru... i was never around back in these days , they seemed interesting

seemed to be alot of mini racing and lots of jap bikes around . then around 2007 it all turned into all this ebay chinka bikes

Latest posts

Back