My VL Commodore project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it not worth owning a xy gt motoluver lol

DEFENCE ....DEFENCE .... hehehehe

hey i been a round a lil and may have even done it in a lil rotisserie for a while

but i grew out of it , was fun but like i said u cant beat cubic inch

Mate i dont need to defend anything i was mearly pointing out some facts. I love rotors, V8's and everything in between but not some VN (or pretty much any other post 88 commo or ford) poo cart etc

My next project will be big displacement but only cause a rotary isnt really suited to a ute. But once you ride in a 650rwhp rotary its a bit hard to say you need displacement to be quick. a 1.3L and a metric d*ckload of boost and they fry 99.8% of cars (not all)

Each to their own but i will have the 1UZ lux for carrying bikes and a very quick rotor for going fast. best of both worlds as far as i can see:D

motoluver i stll am yet to see your vl properly. so keep yours eyes out for a red 323i bmw e30 (with gay chrome rims that it had when i bought it) and say g'day

I wouldn't have a clue what that car looks like :D Do you go into newwy Thursday nights??? I sometimes go in with a couple of cars. If ya see my car parked come say hello.

Here is an example of a nice VL
picture055wg9.jpg

picture0461tu1.jpg

Last edited:
they look wog, whoever said that thing about vns is stupid, vns chop vl's man, and yes i do know plenty of mates who have vn's and the motors are still tip top

they look wog, whoever said that thing about vns is stupid, vns chop vl's man, and yes i do know plenty of mates who have vn's and the motors are still tip top

VN's are rated one of the ugliest commodores made. Not to mention they handle like complete shit. And have a rough as guts v6 in them what will vibrate your car to pieces :).

The VL is a cult car. It always has been, it always will be.

VN's are rated one of the ugliest commodores made.

VL's are rated the best commodore ever made by many people as well:)

Personally theres something about the VS that I like. VL's probably have the best engine being a skyline engine. The VS commodore was the first of the ecotec engines

but id love a 13bt rx3 or rx4

Smart man although a wild NA will make either of those cars fly.

Just a tad to expensive as a first car unless your rolling in it (well RX4 sedans arent that bad but an RX3 $$$$$....:D )

The VL is a cult car. It always has been, it always will be.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. When people were saying they are the sexiest car around i think it is more that they have fallen in love with a cult car and that will make you biased. The VL is a cult car due to the fact at the time they were leauges ahead of similar cars... Plus being the first turbo aussie built family car created a little bit of history (forget the fact that its still an import motor).

The VN on the other hand is like a child that should have been drowned in a bucket at birth cause it is so damn ugly and really a let down to the rest of the holden family. i dislike holdens (and fords) but can appreciate quality done up cars like a quality VL but you could spend $100,000 on a VN and i still would pay 5c for it or be seen driving it:p

The VN on the other hand is like a child that should have been drowned in a bucket at birth cause it is so damn ugly and really a let down to the rest of the holden family.

lol. pretty harsh words there. but i do agree, VN's, VP's ect. are the ugliest commodore ever made hehe. I also dislike the VT's:p

i had a genuine rx4 coupe............ rolling shell lol but had to get rid of it because i didnt have any money to restore it

To bad mate, i love old school rotors and have built a few up but i must admit they are bloody expensive to get finished and trying to find some parts is a mission.:mad:

the shake of the vn is what makes it fun, and as for the straight 6 engine, yes its a good engine but in a skyline, its a known fact that vl's have over heating problems with the positioning of the radiator

lol

Arguing over which aussie built car is better than the other is like arguing over whos sh*t stinks less... Its still sh*t and it still stinks.

Hhahah yeh i think one of the mods should delete the majority of the posts in this thread. We did get carried away. On a side note, your turbo gear should be mine very soon :D

I wouldn't have a clue what that car looks like :D Do you go into newwy Thursday nights??? I sometimes go in with a couple of cars. If ya see my car parked come say hello.

Here is an example of a nice VL
picture055wg9.jpg

picture0461tu1.jpg

why yes i do on thursday nights and when ever there is nothing to do.
heres a pic of my car if you see me not the best yet, but i love it lol

MySpace

you gunna bid on it ???

good man if you do l0l

but i dunno if you will get it ive got 4 dudes saying they will buy it now for 800 2moz so dunno lol

and to more dudes saying that they will give me 700

then 1 more dude offering me 600 for it lol

Ahhh yes, the ebay time wasters, I get plenty of them offering prices on my RM. Yes I will certainly be bidding :)

Latest posts

Back