N 1 2 3 4, why?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angusjones8

Reaction score
Is there a gear set to change it to 1N234?

It's a pain coming into a corner hard and slip in into N instead of first and next minute there's a big dint in my colour bond fence.

Why do they do it? Is it a less complex design or stronger?

Teaching my missus to ride and when she steps up to a bigger bike it will confuse her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty sure the N1234 boxes are stronger than the 1N234 set up. i do agree that its annoying catching neutral all the time, i have taken to gear counting when im riding hard to help...

the old ducar 125cc motor had the 1 d 3up they where junk but.

now days it all up

i dunno why you go below second gear anyway gear it up a bit

It's factory gearing.
It's pretty flighty in top gear at the moment but might give it a go.

Personally I actually think it's a smarter way of doing it. No more false neutrals. Always know when your in first.

Big bikes should follow suit. :)

Yes on the false neutrals especially if cheap parts are used. Every bike is different and suppose I will have to deal with it.
Wouldn't have it any other way on a big bike, I hit snotty hills in 2nd or 3rd on the DRZ and I know if it gets worse I just jam it into 1st and tractor it up, if it went into N it would be all over.

sorry, i read it wrong.
an earlier shift drum would work then, one from a 1P52FMI etc, 110cc 124cc etc

It catches me out all the time as well.. after years of last minute stomps into first on hills when things go pear shaped, these pit bike boxes are frustrating... but thats just the way it is.

Latest posts

Back