Need a quieter Exhaust Pipe that doesn't loose power? well i don't mind some lost but not alot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordesky1

Reaction score
I ride my pitbike in the alleys around my house to get too trails while people don't seem to care much i would think they will start to..

My pitbike is a ssr 110 with a 125 lifan and the muffler i have on it is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Bore-Mu...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccdeee1b9&vxp=mtr

Which was and is crazy loud, so I repacked it with stainless steel wool scorchers used about 6 or 7 of them, And pretty much it made it sound good but way louder.

So right now i have a stock pipe off a baja 70 pitbike which is pretty much a crf 70 stock pipe, While that is alot quieter it lost low power not much but some and gain some top end power.

But the thing is for some reason this bike seem to not run that great with that pipe on it.. I adjusted the carb for it and still has this miss and trys too stall out idle.

Like when idle when i rev it or even try too take off it will bog little than try to stall but will than go..

The pipe is also Rusty and looks like it might be cracking at the muffler, So would like to replaced it with a decent one.

Motor does have other problems like the gears are little hard to shift and has the 2nd gear neutral problem.

That will go in neutral going up a hill, Was like that for like a year cause i did let my ungrateful friends drive it back than but never again!. And a very small oil leak that someone over tighten a screw hole on the side of the motor..

Im plan on getting a piranha 160cc motor for it hopefully in couple months anyways but just like too keep this going and trying not piss people off either lol

you could try pushing the bike in the alleys, that way no-one will complain......
and you wont get any fines from the police either!

you could try pushing the bike in the alleys, that way no-one will complain......
and you wont get any fines from the police either!

True that is a option, But people around here as long as the noise ain't loud they don't care, And the police also don't care either as long as they don't get calls from people.

They pretty much ony care about big bikes or quads, So far they just pass me and just look and that's it.

And pushing it threw the alleys ain't a problem but the hills are around here lol

That's why i was looking for a pipe that's not that loud over stock pipes.

If there isn't any i guess i keep using the stock pipe.

you may be able to source something like this-
http://www.dirtdirectory.com/part-s...chnoflange/5079-db-dawg-muffler-silencer.html
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...aspx?SiteID=SLI|Muffler Insert&WT.MC_ID=10010

they mention, there is hardly a noticable drop in performance when using them too!

or have your local exhaust shop make something up, a slip in insert that reduces the bore of the muffler.
slip the insert into your muffler, drill a small hole up through the bottom of the pipe and through the insert and put a screw/bolt through the pipe, this will hold it in.
when you get to where you are going, undo the screw/bolt and take the insert out, and put it in your backpack, ready for the trip home.
would cost you about $20 max to have something made, i'd make one for you if you were in Australia.

you'd need to measure the i/d of your muffler first, or take the muffler to a few shops or even mates? and get a price

cheers, craig

Latest posts

Back