Need a race bike for VCM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which bike for racing

• Lxr Daytona anima

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Lxr 160ho with v2 head

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Psto tl160 v2 head

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Dhz 160 outlaw with v2 head, tb184 bbk, extra goodies

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
im gunna put my two cents worth in lol people that know me will say go the psto and i think u should stay stock 160 till u get used to it then do the bolt on"s when u do bolt on parts they become a real handfull

im gunna put my two cents worth in lol people that know me will say go the psto and i think u should stay stock 160 till u get used to it then do the bolt on"s when u do bolt on parts they become a real handfull

Yehh been thinkin bout leaving it stock...race the last few rounds with it then next yr as long as races are on( which im prayin they are) then I'll start upgrading it

I'm assuming the 26mm oko will still work ok with the standard 155z?

ive run oko26mm from stock 155 to 155v2 to 188se and its run good on all .

on my 188se now i run oko30mm is just as flawless as the 26mm ..

Im gonna go against everyone , stock 155 imo was to slow . 155v2 i think is perfect all around awesome revver and makes great power , im assuming the vcm tracks would all be kind of wide open ? so stock 155 would be a big disadvantage imo .

Well from wat I've seen so far they look pretty wide open so it would be a little disadvantage, that's y I didn't want to run my klx coz I'd be struggling haha

Didn't realize you still had the klx ! stop being a pussy and build the klx engine! lol

If had a spare 2500 for a motor I would lol

Pretty much most of the guys are running v2 and 184 kits.

Power is awesome and easily controllable.

But yeah it all comes down to the rider really.

Yeh the v2 with the 184 would be awesome but price is gettin up there...how hard are parts to come by for the Daytona if one day it just happens to ****e itself or something breaks?

I've made up me mind n wanna go the lxr...just trying to decide between the 160ho with v2 or go for the Daytona

I think I read somewhere on planet minis that te anima 150 is similar power output to the 160ho with a v2...my only concern is gettin parts for the Daytona...it's a lot easier to get another gpx n build it

You can save some money if you buy my bike.
Ready to go, with a yx160 topped with a V2 and keihin pwk28, and Elka and Marzochis. I just need to put new fork guards on. Let me know.
dirtvert.jpg

Ive got 184 v2 lxr that i race in vcm and its awsome. Heaps more power than stock. Just pulls hard out of corners.. The only prob was top end speed but gearing changes are easy fix. For the money i think its perfect, but not to say the daytona 190 wont be good. Just not enough knowledge on the thing to take the dip and buy one. But who knows. Whatever you get if you look after it it and youll be loving it. Vcm is heaaaapppssss of fun

I very nearly bought the Daytona lxr before...added it to cart n was about to check out but then had to think about it haha...I was having doubts as well being a new engine on the market n hasn't been proven yet

Hey Nemo, just missed it hey?? haha. If I was in your place, I wouldnt hesitate buying a Daytona engine. They have good reviews world wide. BBR used Daytona motors in their production bikes when they were building them, so I think that says something for how they are regarded. Just pull the trigger, you wont regret it !!

Hey Nemo, just missed it hey?? haha. If I was in your place, I wouldnt hesitate buying a Daytona engine. They have good reviews world wide. BBR used Daytona motors in their production bikes when they were building them, so I think that says something for how they are regarded. Just pull the trigger, you wont regret it !!

Lol Yeh mate just backed out before I pulled the trigger...I'm very close to giving in....any moment now n she will be mine haha

Lol Yeh mate just backed out before I pulled the trigger...I'm very close to giving in....any moment now n she will be mine haha

Yeah awesome dude. When do they get them into stock?? Or have they now landed and ready to go ??

Back