Need a race bike for VCM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which bike for racing

• Lxr Daytona anima

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Lxr 160ho with v2 head

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Psto tl160 v2 head

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Dhz 160 outlaw with v2 head, tb184 bbk, extra goodies

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

nemo86

Reaction score
G'day

Well I no I did another thread about x4r or 160 outlaw but I've been thinkin all weekend and lookin at different options for a race bike, but every time I look I'm more confused of which one to choose so I thort I'd do a poll again to get some opinions on which bike will be best value for money and a reliable bike to race....

Lxr Daytona anima

Lxr 160Ho with v2 head

Psto tl160 with v2 184 tb bbk

Dhz outlaw160 v2 head tb 184bbk and with the extra coin I'd have left over I could afford a few more goodies

Any opinions appreciated and sorry for a double up but I need a bike within the next 2 weeks as I'm hoping to race the shep round and the rest of em

Or would the 160 with a v2 head and 28mm oko flat slide be more than enough?

A good rider on a stock 160 will beat a average rider on a 184 v2.
A stock bike with the suspension set up properly and a good set of tyres will beat a 184 v2 thats not set up properly.
My advise is to get a 160 and keep it stock. Get the suspension and your technique working perfect and be riding the bike to its optimum before looking for more power or you will just end up with a wheel spinning dog of a bike that has stock bikes lapping you.

A good rider on a stock 160 will beat a average rider on a 184 v2.
A stock bike with the suspension set up properly and a good set of tyres will beat a 184 v2 thats not set up properly.
My advise is to get a 160 and keep it stock. Get the suspension and your technique working perfect and be riding the bike to its optimum before looking for more power or you will just end up with a wheel spinning dog of a bike that has stock bikes lapping you.

Yehhh I see wat ya sayin mate....im use to my klx with the tb143 kit and I can ride that hard and throw it around no probs but I'm always needing that extra power, mainly up top as it runs out off puff

Have you ridden a 160? I'm not sure how they go compared to your 143. Maybe similar??
There is not many if any race tracks that a 160 runs out of legs. It's more about corner speed,traction and clearing the jumps.

Nah haven't ridden a 160 before...the 143 pulls hard but once your in top gear it runs out of legs a bit...I find it hard to justify the extra 750 bucks on a lxr even tho they're a nice looking bike n all and it has linkage suspension, but has the same engine

Last edited:
there is lots of other little things that justify the price. They are just good quality all over for a china bike.

Yeah I no they are nice....just throwing one more out there, I no u said about keeping the 160 stock...but wat about just with the v2 and 28mm oko flat slide? Will that be more than enough ya reckon?

A 160 with v2 go really well. I weigh near 100kg and they pull me along easy.
I have not had much luck with a 28mm OKO.
I like the 28mm PWK. alot more expensive but worth it or get a 26mm OKO. They are fool proof.

i would go lxr with v2 head .
when i had a ported v2 head with s35 cam and 26mm flatslide on the stock 155 i reckon it was perfect power .

i would go lxr with v2 head .
when i had a ported v2 head with s35 cam and 26mm flatslide on the stock 155 i reckon it was perfect power .

Would be nice....but by the time I do that I could of just bought the Daytona lxr with the alleged 21hp lol

I'm goin against the grain here, but hell if you got the cash get the daytona. I'm sure if at first your not sitting on full throttle it won't take that long, and hey in my experience you can never have too much power :) HOWEVER some people do suffer from **** throttle control, this may hinder your experience.... Just my 2c.

Power doesnt bother me...im always wishing I had more on my klx....the Daytona would be nice but how hard is it to get parts for those engines?

What are the differences between the lxr and psto tl160?

The psto appeals to me a bit coz its basically the same for 500 bucks less and apparently it has s taller frame which would suit me more being 6ft

Psto has shut down so its only old stock remaining. They are a bit of a bugger to get sticker kits for too.

A 160 with v2 go really well. I weigh near 100kg and they pull me along easy.
I have not had much luck with a 28mm OKO.
I like the 28mm PWK. alot more expensive but worth it or get a 26mm OKO. They are fool proof.

yeah the 28oko and in my case the 28 koso has been nothing but a let down, will run sweet at certain rev ranges but it so in consistent all round, then got the 26 and bolted straight on and is perfect all the time, dont know why, peeps say go a 30 over a 28 as they go good, with little dramas(for a big bore that is)

Latest posts

Back