Need as much power as possible!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rota

Reaction score
Ok lads, i just bought an sdb prox with a 125 shitbox ducar engine.ive read from this forum that lifan's are the go so i want one.now what i need to know is whats the biggest horizontal lifan that comes out?? does it only come to a 150 or 140? i want heaps of power so whats the best option? buy a 140 150 and bomb it and if so whats the best way? or should i buy a 200 vertical and get my mate to attempt engine conversion and fit.My bikes got the twin spar frame and by looking at it it might just fit so i think we might get away with it.If so has anyone ever done that???

I'ld just buy a 140 I dont think the 200 have any more power, correct me if I wrong somebody

buy a 156 Nice engne with a fourvalve head and an FCR28 Carb...........
;) 6000$---------> 22 HP !!!!:D

ha ha. i dont mind spending money though six grand prob more than i want to spend. so you reckon a 140 lifan. what sort of work should i do to get plenty of power.

research

do your research my friend you cant jump on this forum an expect the motorbike god to give you all the golden answers m8, this isnt a one stop answer shop where ya cant put a foot wrong but we will try to help you , then you need to give somthn back thats how a good forum should work :D so im doing up a 140cc lifan and i have started with a good carbie so the biggest beifit will be your carbie i bought a vm mikuni (genuine part) 26mm, then you will need a good flowing pipe,wich i have also bought, then you put a performance cam in wich you will need stronger valve springs, and you can do more aggresive porting to your head and also polishing that should give you much more power... ;)

chuck in an 80cc 2 banga engine...:D

Rota u should have a play around with ur ducar 125. Ive got a 138 lifan and has the same amount of work as a mates ducar 125, and my 138 cant touch him in a race the thing moves.

trust me man just get something like a grey 125 lifan bung a big 30mm carbie on it if you want... loose some weight off your bike and youll be flying =)

small bike = less weight... there for less weight for the engine to get moving =D get a small bike =D

Well its something i think you need to ask a lot of questions about and research too. Im thinking of a new motor soon too. From what i have been told and can work out, the Lifan 140's with work done to them seem to be the ticket as there is more performance parts available for them as opposed to the Jailing motors. In saying that though, i'm confident that my stock 125 Jailing engine hauls harder than my mates stock 138 Lifan motors. Im relatively new to this all and dont have the best knowledge but to me it seems like the Jailing engines are much better but just dont have as many performance upgrades available for them. I believe they are limited because of the fact that they have small valves as opposed to the Lifan motors having bigger valves.

ok mate ur best bet is to run a lifan 140 have it ported throw in a high lift cam and hd valve springs 28mm oko flat slide and a innor rotor kit i have dynoed this setup and it has close to 5hp more than stock. if u want to give me a call i am the man for u. selling and building modified pitbike motors is what i do just pm if u want.
this motor configuration even with the stock piston and comp was reving at 13.000rpm

do your research my friend you cant jump on this forum an expect the motorbike god to give you all the golden answers m8, this isnt a one stop answer shop where ya cant put a foot wrong but we will try to help you , then you need to give somthn back thats how a good forum should work
why would you say that when you have so many threads started asking stupid questions because you don't wanna search.
When are you going to give something back ya knob. Fark!

And back on topic: themountain, I would also like to see the dyno sheet on that!

Last edited:
Im currently trying to squeeze a few more ponnies out of my donk this is what ive done:
Im in the stage of building a 138 donk
-24mm genuine keihin pd flatslide carb (out of daytona 95cc boar kit) which gave a significant power increase
-Ported and polished intake manifold and pipe outlet
-shaved engine head to match carb inlet (on 125cc)
-cleaned out carby
-I might do a top end rebuild
-C.d.i racing rev box extend rpms to 12,000 rpm
-Takegawa crank case breather hose
-oil cooled (possibly go with twin coolers)
-uni filter angled pod filter
-nylon carby riser to clear engine
-free flow fuel lines as the stock one kinks
-Bellray thumper semi synthetic oil

Hey Dirtrider
If you no what has your friend done to trick up his 125 ducar?
If you dont no would you be able to ask him what he has done to it?
Would be great if you could
Cheer

yeh i no eveyone wants to see dyno proof. i will get a copy if it when i dyno my next build. the day i dynoed it the printer wasnt working for some reason . that was 6weeks ago so i say it been fixed since then . personally i think the lifan 140 is the best base point to start with , they have a upgraded gearbox they now have a 5pack clutch and the engine mounts have been beefed up . i will also be selling ceramic coated 145 kits for the jailing very soon aswell . i have been using the ceramic coated cylinders on the lifan 140s and turning them into 150s i will be dynoing a few different builds in the near future

Latest posts

Back