need help asap lz

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas

Reaction score
hey guys i just brought a new throttle today as i cut my old one in half. the problem im haveing is that when i put the revs on it wont retrve. i dont know wheater it needs to be square or is the another ideas?
thanks

it wont return ?? maybe try some wd40 under it so it doesn't get stuck

yeah it wont return but it makes a grinding sound when it get pulled in so thats why i think maybe if i play around with the postion aswell?

could be a few things mate,
- the throttle cable is frayed.
- the throttle is positioned too far to the left, resulting in the end of the throttle tube / grip is catching on the end of the bar.
- its clamped on too tight, not allowing the tube to move freely inside the housing.
- sand / dirt / grit between the throttle tube and the bars causing it to grip.
- dirt / grit in the carby slide

is it a throttle that has the plastic wedge in the housing... if there not put in right it will jam..

na my old one was like that the new one has a circle. the problem im haveing is that when there is enough presure for the cable to return it is reving my bike about halfway so i played around with the things that you turn on the end og the cable and when i have it a loose as it can go its still reving to the point that i can put it in first and it wont stall?

no but i went sand riding about a moth ago but it i never had this problem can i adust the cable on the carb? its just weird. i might im stuck for the answer? how do i clean the carb?

carby cleaner,blow out with air compresor it should only be the sleeve that goes up and down for it to stick also if it doesnt retrieve could be the grip to close and its getting stuck like it pushed on to far thats easy to do

cables not a fraction too short is it, cable getting stretched when turning the bars, vacuum leak can cause similar,,
throttle assembly too far down the bars can cause issues...

really you just gotta use ya melon and sus everything out... if its only just happened since you replaced something then thats the cause..,

yeah thanks guys i think the cable might be like a 1cm short but what confuses me is when is wont retirve beacuse there is not enough presure to retirive it? so when it those retive its reving the hell out of the bike but im going to have a good fiddle once again tomorrow. i honstly dont think its got much to do woth the carby being dirt as it is a newish bike.

Latest posts

Back