Need help choosing parts!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinToniste

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to this forum :D
So i picked up an orion 125cc dirt bike with lifan engine. The platics are worn and i would like to get a new ones with some cool graphics. Also is there any ways i could fit a speedometer to it, because i want to make it streetlegal.
And also can someone tell me what is the bike copied of :D
Is there a way i could fit larger back tire, or do you even reccomend it.
And could i fit a diffrent gears in it so it would go faster. I mean the ones that are on the engine and back tire. I know i need smaller on the back and larger one on the engine. Can you reccoment which ones should i get.
PS sorry for bad english i am from Estonia :D
IMG_20140418_212022.jpg
Idk why this is roatated :/

Hi Martin, welcome to Miniriders!

If your after a new sticker kit for your bike, eBay is your best bet! Just look up KLX style plastics and graphics.
Are you still in Estonia? Just because registering vehicles in Australia can differ from state to state, and in some states like Queensland can be near impossible.

Easiest speedo setup I can think of is a magnet and sender setup like they use for bicycles, you just need to make sure you buy one that will work with your diameter wheel, most cheap speedo's will only work with 20" and above.

Wheel size is definitely changeable, just depends on how big you want to go? You may need to change your swing arm and front forks if you want to go to a much larger wheel size.

To be honest with you though, if you want a big wheel bike. Buy a big wheel bike.

In Estonia it is pretty easy so register this bike until you have all the lights and things. I think i will wont change the wheels but what sprockets will i need for speed :)

try a 16 or 17 tooth front sprocket, depending how much more top speed you are after, but remember it will sacrifice your acceleration. the frame you have is a agb29 i think, sturdy but rather heavy. if you really want some more speed, try find a 140 to put in it. im pretty sure if you go any bigger you get clearance issues with the clutch mount, you can get around it fairly easyly im pretty sure, but if its easy upgrades with no modding your after then the lifan 140 is the engine for you

I am on budget so new engine is not a choice. And i havent seen any engines on sale for cheap. It has plenty of power, i think it's a bit torky for me.
The plastics are bit worn, they have small scratches, could i fit the graphics on them?

Oh and oil...10w 40w....I use 15w 40 because its cheaper....

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

the BBR plastics look very close, the rear fender side mounting holes will need to be redrilled to suit
PIT Bike Full SET BBR Plastic SET Black White Good Quality Easy FIT | eBay
Motorcycle Dirt Bike Body Plastic Fender FOR SSR BBR Coolster White RED | eBay
PIT Bike Full SET BBR Plastic SET Blue White Good Quality Easy FIT | eBay
PIT Bike Full SET BBR Plastic SET White Good Quality Easy FIT | eBay

KLX stickers will work on the fenders and tank plastics too
might need to adapt them for the side panels

That is pretty good price for the plastics.
But i think i will buy the graphipcs only. Can someone reccomend any graphics seller on ebay that has some non team aka monster etc graphics

Have you checked the value clearances on it yet? That will make it WAY better to ride!
What's that :) ?
Well i aint sure anymore which graphics do fit. I can make more pictures if u want

Also i ordered a new spark plug, 10 40w oil and new 17t sprocket from local motoshop. Total cost 25euros

Edit:
Could i put a starter on the engine and battery? And if not could i wire up battery and all the lights that are needed for street legal bike?
Could i fit gear sensor on it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back