Need help finding new engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Reaction score
My old pitbike randomly stopped running a while ago for no aparant reason untill me and my mate pulled the engine out and took the head off only to find that the screw that holds the choke on the inside of the carb had fallen off into the engine and caused some damage. I should be surprised that such a stupid thing happened to me but sadly im not, just as well i have another bike to ride. Instead of waiting 6 months for parts, im going to put a new motor in it. I was hoping for a 140 or 150cc engine, probably LIFAN but im not really sure what would fit. Heres a photo of the frame, any help would be appreciated.

I apologize for the black and white photo, the resizing process did it for some unknown reason?
Pitty1.jpg

Pitty2.jpg

Engine possibilities:
NEW OUTLAW 140CC LIFAN OIL COOLED ENGINE, 1P55FMJ - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Oct-09 12:33:40 AEDST)

NEW BIG BORE LIFAN 150CC OIL COOLED RACE ENGINE 1P56YMJ - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 08-Oct-09 16:41:25 AEDST)

ok well I mean this in the nicest possible way, that bike is a POS. I think you should look at getting a new one instead. You could pick up a brand new 140/150 atomik nitrous for $600-$700 which is only a little bit more than the replacement engine. Well anyway, that's just my opinion.

yeah ill second that... the frame you have there probly wouldnt handle the extra power of the current engines on the market...

you really need a cradle frame so there is support under the motor.
also being a short frame you run the chance of the bash plate hitting the front tyre every now and then..

and i wouldnt recommend just doing a frame change either as i doubt your tripple trees are compatible

so unfortunately its time for a new bike

hey , one of my spares is probby the same model as that, the frame is weak as , i snaped it on my weight (about 50kg) in like 5 diff places doing some 20ft jump,

so welded it up or jst a new bike

The lifan/outlaw 140 is good. runs higher compression compared to any other 140 crate motors. Pulls well. Sh1ts all over the crate YX140 in the same price bracket.

mate id pick a yx over a lifan any day of the week, and if i had to wait a month to get a yx i would...
lifans in my eyes are rubbish....
and if the yx was setup with a 125 carb, what do you expect...
and dont believe what you read regarding the specs of these engines(compression ratio)
they claim high comp but yet only recommend 90 octane...hmmmm

only true way to compare is use the same bike and swap only the engines.....

oh damn. well im only going from what ive got and a friend.

My yx 140 was a crate 'race' motor with cam and valve spring kit, with a jetted round bore fakuni 26mm. It does not have the same pickup or smoothness as my friends Lifan outlaw 140 (30mm carb).

Im just saying comparing the similar priced motors in that bracket, the lifan felt overall better.

i might drop a sproket down and see if it goes any better. 16/37 at the moment. i might have to check his gearing!

Nah you dont gotta be nice about it, the bike is a massive piece of turd! I ride a YZ250 so im no in need of another bike i just wanted a new motor for the pitty cause my sister uses it now. I was looking at the LIFAN outlaw 140, would it fit?

Cheers man, but i was hoping for a 140 if at all possible. But i may end up taking you up on that offer so thanks =).

Latest posts

Back