Need help picking a carby?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lachie

Reaction score
Ive just put a 28mm keihin/oko from dhz.com.au its heaps snappier of the line than the Mikuni 30mm I had on there, just a little different to tune though, you need to have the needle clip at the bottom and the fuel mixture screw only half a turn out and tune it either way from there its super sensitive, most carbys you would start at about 2 turns out but this one is different, if you put a uni filter on you might need to up the main jet which Iam going to do but I havent had a chance to yet but I will let you know:cool:

i dont know anything about that sort of thing so i'd probably have to go to a mechanic..

if you dont know how to tune a "normal" carb i would stay away from the flatslides as they are even more difficult

why cant some of them gooks over in china come up with efi fuel injected systems so we dont have be forever tuning gay carbies

are they worth geting one?
for more power?
cause ill just take it to a mechanic to put on..

efi :) sounds like a good idea for a 50 =P might invent something =P

dude they are not that hard 2 put on yourself, the carbs that come with them are pritty crummy, these chock set up work alot better then the slide type ones!

what i dont understand why is 28mm the dearest of them all? that would be the one id lean towards, you could give 30mm a go, it wouldnt hurt it! you proberly might just have 2 change the jets to get it to run smooth if it dosnt in the first place

alright ill give it a shot to try set it up myself
i think ill get the 28 then
yeah i was wondering the same thing about the price because the 30s bigger? :S
ill have to ask the seller
thanks for the replys

yeh theyll be a waterfall or information =P information to buy there product =P

not really, i know the owner... unless he now has a mechanic! because they have moved to a bigger shop and last time i was there he was not alone unlike when i first picked up my 138

they have a new bloke working for them, i think his name might be scott? notsure but he knows his shit just speak to him.

oooh nice =) well least they know there shit not just floggin em off to make some quick cash =D

Bigger isnt better. There is a thread on here which goes into carby selection quite a lot (cactus jack and mack had a lot to say in it). There is nothing wrong with the carby on your bike now and putting a bigger on on without porting, exhaust, valves etc is just a waste and the bike will probably die off the line.

IMO just make sure your carby is jetted and tuned right and put the money towards a good exhaust.

ive brought a h-bomb exhaust..
are they good?
ive heard that theese carbys are just better im not worring about size
i just got told they give more power
the size was just for witch one would go best with my bike

Latest posts

Back