need help please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seyit66

Reaction score
hello i'm new to this forums.

well i got a problem, why does my motorbike turn off in neutral if i don't rev it like it wont just stay running unless you turn the throttle even when its warmed up or even when its in a gear unlesss you give revs it just turns off.

and why does smoke come under or the side of the engine?

Last edited:
are you serious i got no idea how to any pictures or how to do this?

and one more thing how many days till i should change my oil what colour does it have to be so i should change it

i change my oil every two,three ride's or every 10 hours of ridin, if you just got it should drop the factory oil and put some new stuff in there i use motol 7100 10w-40w seems to run good, as for your other problems sound like the idle need adjusting what carby you got

the smoke will be your exhaust pipe at the bottom they sometimes do that nothing to worry well changing you oil depends on how much you ride.

ok fixed the idleing problem thanks by the way what happens if you dont change the oil like ive changed the factory oil but its been like 5 months.

his rings are most likely stuffed*. does it have compression. if not your up for a rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:
ok fixed the idleing problem thanks by the way what happens if you dont change the oil like ive changed the factory oil but its been like 5 months.

Depends on how much you have ridden it in 5 months. How many hours do you recon the engine has run for?

Slingers are the most efficient oil filters ever made ... Like a bagless vacuum cleaner , they filter the oil WITHOUT losing pressure ... They ensure that no heavier than oil particles reach the crank big end bearing ... Oil gets pumped thru the slinger where it gets filtered via centrifugal force , then continues on thru the RHS crank arm , into the big end bearing then it sprays out of the sides of the conrod and onto the bore ... so the bore cops filtered oil ...

A slinger literally re refines the oil !!! To check if your engine is worn ... grab the flywheel and see if you can move the crank from side to side and up and down ... IF it feels tight or has very slight side play then your engine will still be in good shape ... Up and down movement is BAD and indicates that your engine is in very poor condition ...

Get that oil changed now dude then change it on a regular basis ... small 4 strokes take very little oil so there's really no justification for running extended periods between oil changes ...

Engines will stall and be hard to start if the valves have lost rocker to stem clearance ... the reason being that the valves get held off their seats and that allows compression to escape past the valve seats ... Loss of inlet valve clearance can make engines especially hard to start and "stally' because the escaping pressure blows back thru the carb sending the fuel/air mix in the wrong direction ... You want it all to get pulled right into the cylinder ... NOT spat out into the air filter ...

Engines are simple and easy to understand if you put your mind to it ... :)

Latest posts

Back