Need help with WOT!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomike07

Reaction score
Hi guys

i've posted before about having a problem at WOT. It just won't clean out and bogs and splutters. i'm running the stock carby in a 140xr pitpro with a uni filter and a 105 main jet. the bike runs SWEET 3/4 throttle and below but after 3/4 its absolute shit.

i checked what position the e-clip was in and it was on the lowest level, so the richest position. i thought maybe the bike was running too rich with the 105 after 3/4 throttle so i upped the e-clip two positions leaner and the bike wouldn't rev at all without dying.

any ideas on what else could be the problem. i was hoping the e-clip was in the middle when i looked so i could richen it up, but was already on the bottom.

any help would be appreciated

cheers
mike

i got the same problem with me cuzins bike weve tryed every thing cleaning it moving the e clip air n fuel idol screw its crap so we give up can anyone help us out

Yeah , poke fine wire thru all the jets and blow everything out .... I know a few people who had weird carb problems (Mikuni carbs) that turned out to be casting crap and metal shavings left inside the passageways from manufacture ....

Also check flow from the tank into the carb past the float needle and make sure the fuel level is high enough in the float bowl .... If the float level is too low , the fuel level drops even lower and pulls away from the main jet due to cavitation as the engine revs higher or simply due to the fuel sloshing away from the jet under acceleration or on cornering ..... so the engine sucks air ... bogs and dies in the guts ... making you THINK the main jet is too lean ... and the opposite happens if the float level is too high .... Sputtering = too rich OR a partially blocked jet giving intermittent fuel supply ... Bogging can also equal too rich .... just pull the choke on at full revs to test that fact out ... too lean will rev but will start to miss and detonate plus fade in power plus the engine will run extremely hot .... Zero fuel will result in a stumble like the kill switch has been accidentally hit ...

thanks cactus, i think that could be the problem coz i have played with the float level before.

i'll give it a try this weekend and let you know how i go.

cheers for that

Latest posts

Back