Need new tires

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

Reaction score
Hey I was riding today and i notice my tire looked like it was about to give out and it did.. It popped and a spoke had poked threw the inter-tube. So now I have to get a new tire and inner tube and spoke. I am wondering what are some good size tires to get because i wanted to get something bigger then the ones i got on there now.

most pit bikes when running a 12" rear, and 14" fronts,
will use 3.00 x 12's, or 80/100 x 12's on the rear, both are the same size.
i don't think there is much around that is wider?

Are you thinking of a larger diametre? some pitbikes run 14"/17", But this can only be done on some bikes, you would also need to change your swing arm, probably the rear shock and also I'm not sure if the front wheel would clear the front of the engine.... long story short is its probably not worth the effort.

However if it was wider tyres your looking for then maybe the bridgestone 204 is what you want, thats what i will probably be getting for this winter, here it is...........
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150859227328?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
the 404 is the more standard tyre and you can see it is skinnier which would be better if your on harder terrain.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251017084528?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Well rite now i am running 80/100-12 rear and 60/100-14 front and both tires are Guangli.. I also need a new rim because one of the spokes came out in the rear. I am trying to get something bigger i have a lot of clearance so that is not a problem.

im running a 12 in the rear and a 14 front as well and i have had good luck with the dunlop mx51's. They grip nice and have lots of traction. I also have these tires on my honda cr85r as well!
-chris

im running a 12 in the rear and a 14 front as well and i have had good luck with the dunlop mx51's. They grip nice and have lots of traction. I also have these tires on my honda cr85r as well!
-chris
I will check them tires out, I will probably get the same size tire just the grip ran wore down too fast on my stock tires. I think because they was not really name brand and from China..

Dunlop Geomax Mx51's are great I've got them on my lxr now also the bridgestone m404/m403 combo is nice as well

I will check them tires out, I will probably get the same size tire just the grip ran wore down too fast on my stock tires. I think because they was not really name brand and from China..

you will most likley never get a tyre that preforms well and lasts ages.. unfortunatley

Dunlop Geomax Mx51's are great I've got them on my lxr now also the bridgestone m404/m403 combo is nice as well

I am going to take a look at those tires. I might end of getting the Dunlop but i am going to search them both.

I know tires wont last forever but they should last longer then the China Stock ones.

has any one tried pirelli scorpion mx extra ? looking at a set at the moment

has any one tried pirelli scorpion mx extra ? looking at a set at the moment

they say they have great grip but dont last very long (from what i have heard) but many guys were running them round 1 of vcm so they must be good

hmm im after a tyre set that will last med to hard compound

I have heard that Kenda Carlsbad tyres are the ones to get. I believe they are suited to med to hard surfaces. They are $100 on the dhz.com.au website for a set.

Last edited:
I have heard that Kenda Carlsbad tyres are the ones to get. I believe they are suited to med to hard surfaces. They are $100 on the dhz.com.au website for a set.

a mate bought a 2007 Honda CRF450 road/trail with a new Kenda Carlsbad on the rear,
we went rindin and did 150kms on one weekend and his tyre was half worn out.
my Dunlop D606 had no noticeable tread loss

i run kendas with my v2 155 pitsterpro and on the soft setting i have done about 5 hours of sandy tracks and the knobbies are starting to round off

im going to try the pirellis the riding we do is clay and rocks mostly the standard tires have just worn out mates rear split the inner tube was bulging out in about 5 different places dont know how he didnt get a flat

Kenda Carlsbad are soft, won't take long to wear out. Bridgestone 204, Geomax, or pirellis are all good tyres I would recomend, Viper tyres are also pretty dam soft.

Latest posts

Back