Need Quick Help! Pro Tapers!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a PitPro XR 140cc, 09 model that is.
I was riding at my mates farm a few weekends ago and I had my worst crash yet.
Everything was fine apart from my handlebars which were bent on the left side.
We bent them back a little but not much could be done.
I want to buy some Pro Tapers in stead of bending it back because if you bend it it will just get weaker and weaker and eventually snap.
I need to know peoples opinions on what Pro Tapers are best. (I live in Adelaide btw)
Now just to get this straight I believe there are 2 types, Hi-Rise and Mid Bar.
Well at least they are the two that they show on East 50's Website H/Bars & Controls
I would also like to know whether there are closer shops that all the way into the city that would stock these for pit bikes.
Again im not sure whether the bars are completely different between a pit bike and a normal bike.
Now here comes the tricky bit... which to get?
I know it all comes down to preference but I would love to hear what you guys chose and why.

Thanks, Mitch.

Last edited:
hey man, what bike you got? would help use to find out witch would be best for yours.

Just did some surfing around and got onto Pro Tapers website and found that these are the 3 bars they sell PROTAPER 2009
This is american of course so im not sure whether it would change back here in Australia?
Are these the only 3 models Pro Taper make and would these be the ones you see in the shops?

Thanks, Mitch.

how tall are you? most people go for the xr50 bend but I think they're too tall. I'd go with the klx bend, they'll be about as tall as the stock 140xr bars

im about 169cm
do you think it would be best if I took my handle bars off and took the to the shop
that way I can compare everything.
and the other thing, diameter?
of course if you dont have the right diameter bars then nothing would fit on :S
so these bars your talking about would fit right?
and what shops do you think you could get them at.
Thanks, Mitch.

SE (seven eighths) is the diameter you need, the bars you have now are klx style but if you're that worried about it then yeh take the old one's to the shop.
you can get to east 50's right? they'll have what ya need

yeh alright, one thing I noticed with the current bars is the seem to be leaned forward (before the crash)
my friends noticed this too, will pro tapers be different if you know what im talking about
yeh I suppose I could get them from east 50s its just a little inconvenient.

yeh alright, one thing I noticed with the current bars is the seem to be leaned forward (before the crash)
my friends noticed this too, will pro tapers be different if you know what im talking about
yeh I suppose I could get them from east 50s its just a little inconvenient.

Well...what do you mean by the Bars leaning forward...do you mean the way they sit in the Clamps??? As that just comes down to Personal Preference ;)

XR50 Bend Pro Taper Tucker Rocky SE Bars are Sweet!!! Just recently got some on mine and they work good...But seen your PitPro is a Midsized Bike the KLX110 Bend will work best I think...the XR50's will be way too high!!!

Again, comes down to Personal Preference but Id recommend the KLX110 Pro Taper's for your PitPro :D

Can you guys gimme some help again :)
On Pro Tapers website, they have these 3 bars PROTAPER 2009
I presume these are for full size bikes...
So I went to this section of their website which has "mini bike bars"
PROTAPER 2009
The problem is that this bar they show is called the same as one in the other section (seven eighths) and it doesnt show measurements like the other
The picture looks alot different though, the bars look a lot higher which is what I was looking for
I need to know whether there is a difference between the Seven Eighths in the handlebars section and the Seven Eighths in the Mini Bike Bars section
Also if someone could give me some measurements of the mini bike bars that pro taper do, which im presuming is just the Seven Eighths???
CONFUSING

Thanks, Mitch

those links don't work. seven eights is just the diameter of the bar. the bmx style one's are for minbikes. You're stressing too much about this, just go down to east 50's and see what they have

Lol Mitch if getting to East50's is a bit of an inconvenience, sourcing Bars from the states, might be a little trickier, and vastly more expensive once you take into account postage and the exchange rate...

I have 3 140XR running the SE XR50 type pro tapers. they're the ones I'd be getting.
0811hbptabkv2_150.jpg

Latest posts

Back