need to put new chain on..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i got the dude at the shop to cut the chain

Is this lil thing.

DSCN0427.jpg

suppose to look like this afterwards?

chain.jpg

yeh mate its pretty secure,but maybe like after alot of riding it could come off possibly....maybe im just too paranoid

yeh mate its pretty secure,but maybe like after alot of riding it could come off possibly....maybe im just too paranoid

There is NO stress or pressure on it, it simply retains the link side.

Note, it needs to lock onto BOTH pins.

If its on properly, it will stay there.

ok great :)

just a quick question,what type of oil and how much do i need to put in the bike? i havnt put any in it since ive got it coz the dude said to oil it after like 2 tanks or something.

g'day there mate welcome to the forum!

There is a whole heap of threads on how much oil to use in your bike, each bike may differ slightly the same as cars do. Best thing to do would be check out this fancy little button. It answers a heap of questions, wont give smart arse remarks, and dosnt mind being abused ;)
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/search.phpPRESS ME!

If in the end you are still having difficulty, then start a new thread, but in all asking unrelated questions (off topic) will lead to people becoming confused and makes the forum layout difficult to read and follow.

As for your chain problem, the guys are spot on, and you even have the connecting link the right way! Bonus!! Have you gone over your bike and thread locked everything!?? Next bike you purchase... dont let ya friend ride it!! seems most of the damage is their fault!

Cheers mate, enjoy your stay.
Foolsp33d.

thanks for the tips,

have another question,i was out riding with a few mates and my air filter was loose and i didnt realize and its come off and we cannot find it so is it safe to ride without an air filter for now?

No you must have an air filter if you are riding anywhere near dirt. Dust will get sucked in to the motor and wreck things.

been one bloody stressful week with this bloody bike !! had to buy new chain etc and now an airfilter !?

P.S. which kind of airfilter should i get?

hey do u guys reckn its ok to put sumfing to cover the hole for now? like clingwrap? but then i thought it would take any air so yeah ... just dont have money for a new airfilter right now.

the only temporary thing you could do is put a stocking over it and use some rubber bands to hold it there, but thats TEMPORARY..and whatever you do DONT put cligwrap on it :p

the only temporary thing you could do is put a stocking over it and use some rubber bands to hold it there, but thats TEMPORARY..and whatever you do DONT put cligwrap on it :p

bloody good idea !! neva in my mind would of thought of that

Latest posts

Back