Needing a good quality engine!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1980z50j

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade my Genuine Thumpstar with a new engine and I was wondering if Lifans are good quality engines? i know there is alot of crap chinese engines and parts out there so im just trying to steer clear of them. I was looking at this:

LIFAN 140CC OIL COOL ENGINE 1P55FMJ DIRT PITBIKE OUTLAW - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Aug-10 17:12:35 AEST)

Will this bolt straight into my bike

Any other Good quality engines i should be looking at?

Thanks heaps!

Im looking to spend at the most probs $600. Im looking for something of Genuine Thumpstar (they are called terra-moto now arent they) or MotoVert quailty. Are Lifans that good quality? Thanks for the replies.

ok yer I wasnt sure about the lifans, that 160cc looks good is there a model simmilar i can get in a 140? just thinking i can save a bit of cash that way and a 140 is all I need. Thanks

Ok great thanks for that, by the looks of it the pitsterpro engines look alot better quality than the zonshen and lifan engines. is that right?

some pitserpro use zongshen except they just put there own transformer symbol on it instead of the "zonshen" or what ever lable... but zongshen in my opinion are much better then lifan

ahh ok i have found this on eBay:

NEW OUTLAW 140CC ZONGSHEN OIL COOLED ENGINE, 1P56YMJ - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Jul-10 14:59:56 AEST)

Its alot more in my budget. How does a Zongshen compare to a Jialing engine? I Know Motovert use Jialing engines so they must be good. Im pretty much after a 140cc engine that is up to Thumpstar/Motovert stanards.

One more thing are Pitster pros a good pit bike like Thumpstar and Motovert? Because I know they are alot of chinese imposters out there and its hard to figure out which are good and which aren't.

Thanks heaps for your help by the way

not bad, i've got one, and dub had one until he replaced it, he had no problems i had problems but only with carby issues not the actual engine.. no one seems to have blown one up or anything so yeah, if they were **** you would have heard about it already lol
________
The office advice

Last edited:
not bad, i've got one, and dub had one until he replaced it, he had no problems i had problems but only with carby issues not the actual engine.. no one seems to have blown one up or anything so yeah, if they were shit you would have heard about it already lol

hey soz what engine are you talking about?

Does the motovert expert (140cc) run a Zongshen engine? as its called a 140cc MOTOVERT OUTLAW ENGINE and the zongshen 140 engine I was looking at on ebay is also called an "outlaw"??

the pitster pro engine is a zongshen.

all are good lifan, zongshen Gpx etc.. just dont get something without a branded engine case to keep it safe lol.
what about a GPX 125?

Lifan 140s are madd little engines for the money

Latest posts

Back